AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tapered Wainscot

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
BBP-Arch
392 Views, 2 Replies

Tapered Wainscot

ACA 2011

So I've got a wall style that has only one componet and the material assigned is a plaster that is white and it works fine for renderings where I'm just trying to do massing studies. I now need to add a tapered wainscot that needs to be a different material. I've done this before when I needed a stone wainscot and it was easy, because it was just a wall component offset from the wall 4" and that's it. The 'tapered' issue changes it up for me...I was able to acheive what I wanted using a sweep, but then can't give it its own material. How do I do this?

Attached is a file containing two wall styles: the original w/ the sweep I want, and the new one w/ the component I'm trying to taper...incidentally, the taper merely amounts to pushing the top of the wainscot component toward the wall 2".

Thanks,

Scott

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: BBP-Arch

Use your two-component Wall and apply a sweep just to the Wainscot component.  See attached file.  I left the polyline that I used to define the sweep in the file.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
BBP-Arch
in reply to: BBP-Arch

Thanks David! That's perfect...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost