AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronizing Sheet View layers to match View- Does not work!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1298 Views, 4 Replies

Synchronizing Sheet View layers to match View- Does not work!

I have never gotten this to work, but had put little effort into it until recently.  Thus far I have checked my project standards to make sure "match sheet views to view" is checked to "yes".

In both View drawing and the sheet- VISRETAIN is set to 1.

the VPLAYEROVERRIDESMODE is set to 1

I am working on drawings that are in my current project through project navigator.  I am using ACA 2010 and not sure what else I need to do.  I turn off all the unwanted layers in the view drawing, then create a sheet and xref in the view to model space- all the layers reset, and I again have to turn off all the unwanted layers.  If I change a layer color in the view drawing, it does not change in the sheet drawing upon save and refresh. 

Any ideas would be much appreciated.  I hate wasting time repeating the same task over and over....

Thanks in Advance- Steve Miles

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
leothebuilder
in reply to: Anonymous

If you are using the Project Navigaor you should not use the XREF command.

In the view drawing, create a named view.

Then, place this named view into the sheet.

E.g. from the view tab of the Project Navigator, right click the named view and select "place on sheet"

(make sure you have the actual sheet drawing open and current)

Or just drag the named view onto the sheet.

If you have selected in your setup to sync layers, this will update in your sheet.

This will not work by simply xreffing the view drawng into the sheet.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: leothebuilder

Thanks Leo,

That seemed to work, wish I had asked earlier.  It messed up my title mark fields but I think I remember reading about that, I will look into that some more.

Thanks for the help!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Smile,

There has a problem if you drag view to sheets. If you trun off some layer of background in view, save the view, then go to model space in sheets, the layer which you truned off will be appeared.

Do you have any way to keep the view look same as model space?

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hello-

It does not synchronize the model space layers, but will synchronize the visible layers in the viewport on paperspace.  If you drag and drop the view drawing to paperspace it should look the same as your view drawing and if you change layers in your view drawing it will synchronize the viewport.  You are correct that it does not change what you see in model space.  I think you might have to use layer states if you wanted to do that or just detatch the xref and re-insert, but that might be a hassel if you are changing the layers often.

Hope that helps - SMILES

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost