AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural Member Catalog Crashing

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
BBP-Arch
767 Views, 6 Replies

Structural Member Catalog Crashing

ACA2011

For some reason when I launch the Sturctural Member Catalog the program crashes and has to close. I thought it might be because I loaded ACA2015 on my computer, but I tried it at home which ONLY has 2011 loaded...same thing...even in a new drawing. I've used this catalog a million times over the years with no problems ever.

Any ideas would be most appreciated!

Thanks,

Scott

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
John.W.Mumaw
in reply to: BBP-Arch

If you've allowed Windows 7 to update in the last couple of weeks it could be the issue described here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Architecture-General/STRUCTURAL-CATALOG/td-p/5151172

John

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Lost Bent Woodworking & Design
Message 3 of 7
BBP-Arch
in reply to: John.W.Mumaw

I uninstalled the Windows 7 update (KB2962872) which on my machine was on July 10. I also unistalled all other Windows updates on that same date. Now Autocad won't even open. It goes throught the whole launching and then as soon as I touch the mouse I get a crash message (see attached).

Any ideas?

Scott

Message 4 of 7
John.W.Mumaw

The only update I needed to uninstall was the KB2962872, and when I did the problem went away.  I would be inclined to reinstall all but the problem update and see what happens.

John

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Lost Bent Woodworking & Design
Message 5 of 7
MarySeufert

You might need to do a repair of your installation after removing so many updates.

I would suggest doing a system restore if nothing else works. Go back to a point in time before the Win7 troublesome update. Then allow the 'good' updates to push through.

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 6 of 7
BBP-Arch
in reply to: MarySeufert

I solved the problem. I was on the phone w/ our network IT consultant with him logged in on my computer watching him go into the bowels of my machine and he couldn't find any problems. He suggested I contact Autodesk. Suddenly I remembered that in Control Panel you can click on the Uninstall Program button and when the ACAD splash screen appears, you can select 'Repair Installation'.  I suggested it. We tried it, and within 2 minutes the problem was solved. The best part is that I now get to pay the IT guy $50 for his time.

The only bummer is that all my custom settings were wiped out and I had to reconfigure all the options & network paths for templates, projects, constructs, sheet sets, etc. But at least I'm back!

Thanks to those that reached out to me and I hope this explanation helps someone else in the future.

Scott.

Message 7 of 7
David_W_Koch

Now that you are up and running again, use the Options dialog, on the Profiles tab, to export your current profile to and external ARG file.  Save that file someplace "safe" and you can use it to restore most of your settings the next time a repair or reinstallation takes place.  If you have a Workspace saved, back up your CUIX file as well.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost