AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Styles problem in CM Units

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
siggib
739 Views, 7 Replies

Standard Styles problem in CM Units

Question:

We are working in Architecture 2011 US Metric. As a training project we are redrawing a metric buidling from original blue prints, Germany Anno 1961. All Dims by the Architect were in CM. So we set our Units to CM, Students here are not used to metric, so this is supposed to be a new challange. We also use alternate units in dimstyles to display both dims, Metric and Architectural.

Problem:

When using Standard Styles from the Tool Palette, IE. Windows, Doors, Stairs, Railings, they come in 10 times to large. So most likely the Standard Styles are defined in mm.

When using Style Manager to load styles, they insert just fine. I wonder why Styles Loaded from Database insert correctly in CM while Standard Styles from the Palette come in at factor 10 (from mm).

Thanks for reading.

SB

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JustoAg
in reply to: siggib

Have you check/uncheck the "Scale Objects Inserted From Other Drawings" in the Drawing Setup Dialog box?

Message 3 of 8
siggib

Thanks for the answer.

It did not solve the problem. I checked and unchecked "scale Objects"  Units with no effect.

Am I the only one in the US to face this problem ? I can't beliefe that.. there mus be a US company planning something out there in the metric world.

Again, I am starting a new drawing in Architecture 2011 US, Metric Version. I am using a Metric Template.

I set my Units to CM. I am dropping windows doors and other "Standard Style" AEC  content from the palette.

All Dimension Settings for "Standard" Styles come in about at factor 10. So the Style is still define in mm while the units in the drawing are set to CM. Not so from Style Manager Data Base, these styles drop in fine at the right scale and dimension.

I guess I could just accept to work in mm, but I don't like that, I rather enter Architectural Drawings in CM. To many decimals in MM.

Any Ideas why ?

Message 4 of 8
JustoAg

Well, your right. I would facing the same problem if I worked in Cms.

Maybe If I knew where the standards style are defined I could give them a look just to know if it is worthy a revision to change what it is hard coded in mms to unitless or something...

Or maybe some other guys out there have better ideas...

I'll keep an eye in this thread.

regards,

Justo Aguiar.

Message 5 of 8
siggib
in reply to: JustoAg

Thanks for the reply, at least I know now I am not alone with this.

Message 6 of 8
camanarac

This is a topic from 2009. Did anyone find a solution? I is 4 years later and it don't seems that there is a solution. The standard in Mexico is Meters, the default in Autocad Architecture is Milimeters. The whole architectural tool becomes crap if you must work in meters instead of milimeters, all the tools for sections, anotations, levels, etc. work wrong.

Message 7 of 8
siggib

Nothing yet, I haven't done more metric jobs....

Message 8 of 8
epigramx

There must be something basic we're missing in this. It's now 2020 and it can't just be misfunctional at this. There must be a setting that fixes the library units to work correctly with current drawing units right?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost