AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spaces & Schedules

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BBP-Arch
447 Views, 2 Replies

Spaces & Schedules

Spaces are great for generating finish schedules & also occupant load schedules. I created one of these in the past. By inserting one space into a room, I extracted two different schedules: Finish Schedule & an Occupant Load Schedule. However, I discovered something looking at that old drawing where I first did this (ACA2008). The space (an AEC object) is stretched such to follow the entire interior perimeter of the room. This is fine for the finish schedule, but for an occupant load schedule I need to take out some things...counters, closets, etc. Is there a way to do this or do I have to put in two different spaces?

I hope that made sense...

Scott.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
aghis_no
in reply to: BBP-Arch

You can subtract any closed polyline (or any other space) from a space object.

to do so: You have to select the space then use the "right click menu" to select from the "AEC modify tools", "subtract". Then you have to select the desired polylines you want to subtract, hit enter and you are done! You have now a space that has some holes on it that represent the subtracted areas.

hope this helps

regards

aghis

Message 3 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: BBP-Arch

In recent releases, one Space can have multiple boundaries.  For what you describe, you would probably want to set the Offset boundaries property of the Space to Manual, and then edit the usable boundary to take out the areas you do not want to include in your occupant load.  Then add an automatic property for the Usable Area and use that value for your calculations.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost