AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spaces, Extended data, Schedules, many doubts

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
3rayas
330 Views, 2 Replies

Spaces, Extended data, Schedules, many doubts

Hello everybody 😉

First of all, I apologize for my poor English

Finally I'm investigating, and I think I nearly understand the use of spaces, (not zones yet), extended data, schedules, and data exports.

Well, I've created data extended and applied to spaces.
I've created schedule tables, applied, and pasted on drawing.
I've exported data to an Excel file. OK

But now problems come up.

1.- ¿How can I spell check extended data?, or ¿How can I make a find and replace within extended data?

3.- In my schedules, I split and change the height, but ¿How can I put a subtotal in every splitted "subschedule"?
4.- If I export that schedule to an .xls file, ¿can anybody change data in .xls and update my .dwg?

5.- When I create a theme, I've in my extended data, a text field named "local", and in every local named options, I could have a "aseo", "aseo público", "aseo habitación", "aseo vestuario", ... and all of them are similar. ¿How can I set the definition properties condition for these spaces?¿Is there a wildcard use like "aseo*". For example: "Index (7,1) Property (local) Condition (Equal to) Value (aseo*) Operator (And)
6.- Is there any trick to make an automatic 25 colored schedule? or I've to make it one by one.

This is for a Hospital where I've 30 xref's with an average of 900 spaces each one.
I used ADT 2009, if it helps.

Sorry for this abuse 😉

Thank you all

This will not be the end.

In spanish...

Hola a todos 😉

Ante todo, pedir disculpas por mi mal inglés, lo siento.

Estoy investigando el tema de los espacios, (no así las zonas) datos extendidos, tablas y exportaciones de datos.

Bien, los datos extendidos, ya los tengo creados y añadidos a los espacios.
Me creo las tablas referentes a los espacios con los datos que quiero, ok.
Exporto las tablas a hojas excel independientes, ok

Vale, pero ahora vienen las preguntas:

1.- ¿como compruebo la ortografía de los datos extendidos?
2.- con la anterior, ¿como hago un busca y reemplaza en esos datos?

3.- En las tablas que me crea, les cambio la altura, para hacerlas independientes, ¿existe un subtotal en para esa tabla?
4.- Esa tabla que me exporta a excel¿ puedo modificar datos en la Excel y que se actualice en Autocad?

5.- A la hora de crear un tema, tengo, dentro de mis datos extendidos, un campo de texto, que se llama "local", y dentro de las muchas opciones de local, puedo tener por ejemplo "aseo", "aseo de publico", "aseo vestuario", "aseo habitación", y para mi todos son iguales, ¿como se establece la condición de selección de estos locales? ¿existe un comodin "*" por ejemplo "= aseo*"
6.- ¿Hay algún truco para definir los colores de 25 reglas de diseño para un tema?

Esto es para un Hospital donde tengo 30 refx con unos 900 locales de media.

Siento este abuso C8)
Gracias ;) Edited by: 3rayas on Nov 23, 2009 1:47 PM
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: 3rayas

1. SPELL and FIND do not work on property data.

3. The Schedule feature does not include a subtotal feature.

4. Out-of-the-box, the data flow is only from ACA to Excel. It is possible, through customization, to create a program that can push edits in Excel back into the property data in ACA. That sort of programming is beyond my limited skills. If you also do not have the programming skills, or the time in which to apply them, there are third-party customizations that will enable you to do what you want. One such source (which I have not used myself, so can not give any advice on how well it works or how easy it is to use) is JTB's ACA_db. If you are interested, you can read more about it here:
http://www.jtbworld.com/aca_db.htm

5. I am no expert on Display Themes, but it would appear that wildcards are not supported. You can use the greater than or less than operators on text, however. (B is greater than A, etc.) You should be able to get all of your ASEO* by creating a two-line theme rule that applies a particular setting when a property value is greater than or equal to ASEO and less than ASEO ZZZZZZ.

6. I am not certain what you are asking here. If you are trying to create a Display Theme with 25 different theme settings, then I suppose you will have to create them one-by-one, unless you already have a display theme that has 25 different theme settings that you could copy and edit.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
3rayas
in reply to: 3rayas

1.- OMG. I'm doing exporting to excell and there find or spell and back in Arch09 search the shedule and replace whatever.
3.- Then, what can I do to subtotal a splited shedule?, any trick?, Any kind of "exploding" to table?
4.- No Excel, no Access. Autocad Architecture 09 only comunicates, by itself, one way out?. Only third party programs.
5.- I'll try that way.
6.- Yes that's what i was asking.

1.-Thank you 😉
2.-Thank you 😉
3.-Thank you 😉
4.-Thank you 😉
5.-Thank you 😉
6.-Thank you 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost