AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Zone Gross Area

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
svecchi
570 Views, 2 Replies

Show Zone Gross Area

I have created spaces and attached to a Zone.  Zone Properties show Basic Area under the Display tab.  Is there a way to show the Gross Area.  I have non-associative space boundaries and manual Offset boundaries.  I have adjusted the gross boundaries for each space attached to the Zone, but cannot find any way to quickly show the gross area calculated (added up) for all spaces.

I am not using walls.  This is ACA 2014.

Thank you,

Stephen

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: svecchi

You will need to either create a Property Set Definition that applies to Zones or edit an existing one. Zones have many automatic properties available, including one for Gross Area, which can be added to a Property Set Definition, if it is not already present.

If you attach this Property Set to your Zones, you will be able to see the property value(s) for the selected Zone on the Extended Data tab of the Properties palette. You could also create a Schedule Tag to display the data in the drawing, or a Schedule Table to display the data for multiple Zones in a tabular form. If you are unfamiliar with the Schedule feature in AutoCAD Archtecture, post back and ask for more help.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
svecchi
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thank you for your guidance.  I was able to create a Propert Set and apply it to all Zones.

Stephen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost