AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet template location won't stay set.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
caddman6425nah
812 Views, 17 Replies

Sheet template location won't stay set.

Every time that I go and set the sheet template, it says that it can't find it, then when I check the loacation, the path change to something funny: E:/C/Doc........ What is this, anyone have ideas on this? See attachment!
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Uh, hello????
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 3 of 18
pendean
in reply to: caddman6425nah

You seem to be running an add-on that is in control.

Message 4 of 18
caddman6425nah
in reply to: pendean

Say what????
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 5 of 18
pendean

Your screenshot is of a folder poiting to this product and it's templates:

http://www.visionrez.com/Software/index.html

Or is that not your screenshot?

Message 6 of 18
caddman6425nah

OK, So???? It is still running ACA 2012, But if you look close, after setting the location to the sheet template (c:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ACA 2012\enu\Ameri-CAD\Templates\Aecds VisionREZ Sheet (Imperial-stb).dwt), it says it can't find the template and if I go back and check, then the path is reset to (E:\C\ProgramData\Autodesk\ACA 2012\enu\Ameri-CAD\Templates\Aecds VisionREZ Sheet (Imperial-stb).dwt). This is what I,m trying to correct.
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 7 of 18
pendean

(c:\ProgramData\Autodesk...

is not the same as

(E:\C\ProgramData...

Is your add-on installed on an E: drive?

OPTIONS command>FILES Tab>TEMPLATE SETTING>SHEET SET TEMPLATE FILE LOCATION entry, plus the DEFAULT TEMPLATE FOR SHEET CREATION entry, which of the above paths is it? And which of the two locations does this entry need to be?

The whole point with add-ons is... you need to contact THEIR support for fixes to THEIR entries, to ensure you do not mess-up their setup and your usage of their product. Any advice you receive from a non-user of that add-on (me) may cripple your precious add-on and it's features. Rmember, to date you've had 40+ other folks read your posting and not touch it for a reason, fear of messing your setup up most likely.

Message 8 of 18
caddman6425nah

Ya think????? That's what I'm talking about. Everytime I save where it is It comes back with the E:\C\ here are more pic's
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 9 of 18

More pic's agin
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 10 of 18

Anybody interested in doing a remote connection to see what I'm talking about can email me direct with there email so I can set up a connection. aecds@aecdesignsvcs.com
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 11 of 18

Well I guess not. Anyone out there? Error is as follows: 'The Sheet Template could not be found. Please specify a new template', does this help? Anyone????? BTW, it happens now with regular ACA as well as the VisionREZ startup. So I tried a repair, no luck. Where do I go to set everything?
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 12 of 18

Helllllloooooo?????
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 13 of 18

OK, here's somthing funny. If I create and save the project in the default folder, in this case, "C:\Users\Nick Haury\Documents\Autodesk\My Projects\Tony & Delia Lopez Residence", and use my office template files, including the Office's sheet template, it works. But If I try and create the project and save it in the Office's project folder, Which, BTW in on drive "E", then ACA tells me that it can't find the sheet templat. ACA can't find the sheet template because the program appends the path with an "E:\" and it drops the ":\" after the C. Now why could this be?
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 14 of 18
cloudnin

I wasn't going to post because you haven't written very politely, but I'll offer this anyway:

The changing path is a behavior I see when you tell AutoCAD to use a new root folder reference in eTranmit. You symptom may be related to this process. Because everyone's network environment system is a little different, neither Autodesk nor your add-on company can test in every situation.

I agree with the previous answer you got. This is really a problem for your add-on software company to solve. Perhaps they only tested in a single-user environment, saw that it worked, and sent it out into the world.

Something else you may try is to install your software on the network from scratch if it is allowed.
Message 15 of 18
caddman6425nah
in reply to: cloudnin

I'm sorry that I was rude, really didn't try to be. On the other hand, II'm not on a network, it's a stand alone. Then on the other other hand, this does it when I just use regular ACA and Not VisonREZ. I tried uninstalling VisionREZ and it still does it. It works correctly if I set up a project in the ootb project folder, but when I use My project folder, which is on drive E:, then it causes the problem. I've always usedmy project folder, ever sice I started using ADT, so I don't think that is is the fact that the project folder is on another drive. Something has corrupted the folder, or the path, or the computer, I just don't know which and I'm going crazy on this. Again I apologise on my behavior. Nick
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 16 of 18

Can anyone help, please?
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 17 of 18

I guess not! Close discussion!!!!
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 18 of 18
jaycenr

Sorry about your frustration, but I thought I'd let you know that I'm having the same issue today. It persists in AutoCAD 2013 as well. You can make LITERALLY hundreds of changes in the Project Navigator and then hit this roadblock, which you cannot fix in Project Navigator.

My issue is exactly the same. AutoCAD adds "\My Documents" into the filepath every time and then tells me that the file does not exist.

I've posted this before on forums with no response. Just thought I'd let you know, even 5 years later, that I feel your pain.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost