AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screening problem w/ plotting - 2010

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Matasovsky
533 Views, 2 Replies

Screening problem w/ plotting - 2010

Seem to be having a problem w/ color in my Plot Style screening back.

Should be screened to 40%.....Preview displays properly in AutoCAD.  I create the plot file.  Plot it out using Kip Request software.....comes out 100%.

99% sure we have the proper plot driver.

Any other possibilities?  Will be investigating the 1%.

Thanks for any additional suggestions or hearing from someone that had similar issues.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Matasovsky
in reply to: Matasovsky

27 Views....but no one with a solution or suggestion?

Plotter driver IS correct.

Message 3 of 3
J.A.Mounteer
in reply to: Matasovsky

No replies due to lack of knowledge on the subject, not an unwillingness to help.  I had no idea what KIP Request software is when I read this, for example.  A google search tells me this is your specific large format printer, yes?

If you make a .dwf (not a .pdf because those get too large and take too long) using the same pens, does it screen properly?  If so, my guess would be it's something in the printer not understanding the dithering commands ACA is sending to create the screening.   Check your printer support for info about dithering.

If the .dwf doesn't show the proper screen then it's a pen settings problem.

We had a similar problem with a Toshiba estudio series printer.  We thought we had the right drivers because it would plot without error other than the screening. Further investigation lead us to find that there were three specific drivers that could be used (universal, PCL, XPS) and once we switched the problem went away.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost