AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling doors from door tag

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ted.evans
473 Views, 3 Replies

Scheduling doors from door tag

Currently our door schedule populates when the doors are inserted into the drawing. I would like to know if I can set the schedule up so it populates when the door is tagged. Our doors are inserted into a base plan and that base plan is xrefed into various sheets. The doors are tagged in one of these sheets and not the base plan. It takes too much time to stop and set up the schedule to schedule the doors across the xref for every project we do. I have read several articles but none of them explain how to schedule from the tag that I can see. I thought this was how the schedule was set up in a previous version.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: ted.evans

ACA Schedule Tables have always derived their data from that attached to the object being scheduled.  ACA Schedule Tags do not contain the schedule data but are simply a way to display one or more property values at the object itself.  (They can also be used to attach the necessary property sets at the time of tagging, but those property sets and the properties therein are attached to the object, not the tag.)

I am not certain I understand what you are trying to do.  Are you using Project Navigator or are you manually setting up your external references?  Is your Door Schedule Table in the same file as the one where you are tagging the Doors? If so, it should work, provided that the Schedule Table is set up to scan external references.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
markf
in reply to: ted.evans

I have had a questions regarding making one door schedule from various floor plans .dwg files.  Can someone describe how a Schedule Table can be set up to scan external references?

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: markf

Set up a file and externally reference all of the "various" drawing files that have the Doors you wish to schedule.

In that file (with the external references), make certain the Properties palette is open and add an instance of your Door Schedule Table Style.  Before you select objects, on the Properties palette, on the Design tab, under the Basic category, under the Selection sub-category, set the Scan xrefs property to Yes.  If you choose to change the Layer wildcard property to something other than "*", make certain that the wildcard string will include the layer(s) on which the external references are inserted, as well as the layer(s) of the doors to be scheduled.  You can now select the external references and then place the Schedule Table.

You could also create the Schedule Table in a separate file, and choose to schedule an external drawing, instead of selecting objects.  You would still need to scan external references.  You would specify the file that has all of the external referneces as the external drawing to be scheduled.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost