AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Tables : Combine !?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
87CVH
610 Views, 10 Replies

Schedule Tables : Combine !?

Hi all ... I have a series od schedule tables [x200]

Is there a way to either / and :

Collatate these schedule tables into a single table

Export them all the excel in one operation

Chris

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
David_W_Koch
in reply to: 87CVH

I am not sure I understand your current state.  Are you saying you have a number (200?) of Schedule Table instances that you want to combine into one Schedule Table?  Do all of the Schedule Table instances use the same Schedule Table Style?  Are they all in the same drawing file?  Are the scheduled objects all in the same drawing file? 

If you have multiple Schedule Table Styles, do they all apply to same Object type(s)?  If so, do they all have the same columns (referencing the exact same properties from the exact same property sets)?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 11
87CVH

David dont worry about my previous post i have dealt with it ...

Message 4 of 11
87CVH

On the same topic : ... how do you setup schedule tables to read objects inside xrefs ? iv checked the point in properties "scane xrefs" but nothing happened

Message 5 of 11
David_W_Koch

After setting the Schedule Table to scan external references, make certain that the external references have been included in the Schedule Table's selection set.  If you have applied a layer filter to the Schedule Table, make certain that the layer on which the external reference is placed is not excluded by the layer filter.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 11
87CVH
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thanks, yeah iv got that working ...

Now, is there a way to add a field into the schedule table to show which xref the data is coming from ?

Tags (3)
Message 7 of 11
David_W_Koch

There is no automatic property source of which I am aware that will generate the name of the drawing in which an object resides.  I can think of two ways to create one, however.  One is easier up front, the other easier to use.

The easy up front method would be to use the automatic Documents property source.  This will report a list of the reference documents you attach to an object in the "Reference documents" property, found on the Properties palette, on the Extended Data tab, under the Documentation category.  If you attach just the current drawing as a document for every object you wish to track, and then add an automatic property that references the Documents source, you will get the current drawing name (and path).  Depending upon your needs, you may have to then set up a formula property to strip off the path.  Not much up front work, but you have to add the current drawing to each object in every drawing for it to work.  (You can select multiple objects and add the document in one shot.)  If you are actually using the Reference documents property for other reasons, this may not work for you.

The other method would be to set up a formula property that reads the value of the DWGNAME system variable.  Creating that property would be some work, but once done, would automatically generate the name without any additional effort.  If you want the drawing path as well, a second formula property to read the DWGPREFIX system variable, and then a third to concatenate the two.  This blog article, written some time ago, gives the basics for creating a formula property that can report the value of a system variable.  You will need to know the version number of the release you are using and will have to update that when you migrate to newer releases.

http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/2006/01/using-system-variable-values-in.html

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 8 of 11
87CVH

Woah not a simple method then ...

I dont understand either method , the 2nd is way too complicated for the result so i think its not worth it

Thanks for the advice

Chris

Message 9 of 11
David_W_Koch

I had some problems trying to use the second method (reading the DWGSCALE system variable) in ACA 2010.  It may be necessary for the VBA module to be installed, and I do not have administrative privileges at work, so I can not install it to see if that is the problem.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 10 of 11
87CVH

David

Dont worry ... I have found a different solution not idela but it works ...

During that process I discovered another problem ... is there a way to add the elevation / z - location value of a space as a property for property sets ? ...

As example:

I have two spaces ontop of one another ... the bottom one has a height of 8m ... the top one has a height of 20m

I would like to add the elevation property so that i can give the actual height of the top building to say = 28m

How / if do you think this is possible ?

Chris

Message 11 of 11
David_W_Koch

I was able to look at the original problem at home, where I have the VBA extension installed, and the formula property worked as expected.  For 2010, the formula looks like this:

Set app = GetObject(,"AutoCAD.Application.18")

RESULT = app.ActiveDocument.GetVariable("DWGNAME")

If you do not have the VBA extension installed, do not try to use the above in a formula property, ACA will hang trying to evaluate it.  (It did for me at work, anyway.)

As for your current inquiry, there is no automatic property source that will give you the elevation of a Space.  If you have the VBA extension installed, there was a way to retrieve the Location property of the Space, and then way to extract the Z-coordinate from that.  I would have to do some looking to find that.  If I recall, there was a "secret" VBA/VBScript function that was needed to extract the Z-coordinate value that was not exposed in early releases with formula properties.  I am not certain if that function is still exposed in more recent versions (particularly since VBA support is no longer part of the typical installation).

Methods relying on formula properties to use VBScript to be able to extract information from the object model may not have a long future if Autodesk eventually stops providing the VBA extension.  You can read more about this on the Autodesk website here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=770215

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost