AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Sorting

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
FitzUS
281 Views, 1 Reply

Schedule Sorting

I've made some schedules that report areas of spaces.  Everything is working fine but I wanted to sort the names in an order that is not alphabetical.  Is there a way to specify a specific oder to the names in the schedule, similar to the way it is done in Display Themes?

I have two workarounds:

1. Change the space/zone names to have a number in front of them and number them in the order I want sorted.
  2. Add a property set definition with an integer called "SortOrder" to all the space/zones then sort by that column and then hide that column in the schedule.

Both of these seem like extra work.  Can anyone think of a more straightforward way?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: FitzUS

Is there anything in the Space names or in any other property or combination of properties that could be used by a formula property to automatically calculate a value that could be used to get the sort order that you desire? If not, I would go with option 2.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost