AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Problems

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jgodown
429 Views, 7 Replies

Schedule Problems

I hope someone can help,  I have created some schedules for cut list for my walls I draw, and I have a column that does the length in inches and a column that does feet and inches,  if you look at the attachement not all the measurements are converting to feet and inches,   any ideals?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
David_W_Koch
in reply to: jgodown

The Schedule Tables in your file did not have a feet and inches column, but the PwallCutList Schedule Table Style did, and I can tell you the reason your whole number values are not showing in feet and inches format is that the values are being treated as integers, and the architectural formatting is only applied to real numbers.

I took the liberty of modifying your RoundedLength formula property, adding a CDbl() conversion to the two options that result in a whole number.  That will force the whole number values to be treated as real numbers and the architectural formatting will be applied.  See attached file.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 8
jgodown
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thanks so much, I knew there was a way to fix it.  Thanks again, this will make my production people very happy

Message 4 of 8
jgodown

When I copy your schedule into my drawing,  some of the feet and inches switches back to inches?

Message 5 of 8
David_W_Koch

You need to copy the Property Set Definition that has the modified formula property, not the Schedule Table Style (or object), if you are copying it to a file that already has that Property Set Definition in it.  When copying Styles and Definitions in ACA, ACA will also copy referenced Styles/Definitions, unless there is already a Style/Definition of the same name already in the target file.

(Works the same way as nested block definitions - the local copy takes precedence, if there is one.)

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 8
jgodown

How and where do I copy the property sets at?

Message 7 of 8
David_W_Koch

Use Style Manager.  It will show all open files.  You can also "open" a file just in Style Manager, to allow access to Styles and Definitions that are not in a file you have open in the drawing editor.

On the Manage ribbon tab, on the Style & Display panel, choose the Style Manager tool to open the Style Manager.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 8 of 8
jgodown

That did it,  thanks so much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost