AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPACECREATEPLINE tool issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Francis.Scarpinato
298 Views, 1 Reply

SPACECREATEPLINE tool issues

I am using Space Objects along with the BOMA standard that is built in to AutoCAD Architecture 2014 to create floor plans with rooms that have attributes including net area, gross measured area, and gross building area.  Once the drawing is set up and complete there are some things that get done to it with auto lisp routines.  One of those things is creating polylines from the Space Objects.  It is a simple command and works well, but here is the problem.  Before I started using the BOMA standard, it would create one polygon on whatever layer was active which worked well.  Now that the BOMA standard is being used, it is creating a polygon for each of the space measurement types (net area, gross measured area, and gross building area).  This is great except that all the polygons are created on the same layer which creates problems because there is no way to automatically differentiate between them.  I would have to select them and change them which is not really an option. 

So my question:  is there a way for that tool (SPACECREATEPLINE) to either create just the net polygon while the BOMA Standard is active or is there a way for that tool to create the different measurement type polygons on different layers automatically?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I'm sorry but it doesn't look like there is any way to control how the polylines are created. They are just placed on the current layer. If you would like to log a request to have this enhanced in the future you can do that here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

David Pothier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost