AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCHEDULES

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
garchgrp
156 Views, 11 Replies

SCHEDULES

My door sechdule will not work. I have exrefd a background file with all the propertries on the doors and the xref has 3 elements in it all with the correct properties. When i make a new view file and place the door schudule on it my information does not correspond to the elements that are xrefd into the xref on the view. Any Help?
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
garchgrp
in reply to: garchgrp

does anyone know what I need to do?
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

It's difficult to say without seeing the drawings; there are a number of
possibilities. Perhaps post the drawings?

Else start with checking to see if the schedule works directly in the xrefs.

wrote in message news:5817444@discussion.autodesk.com...
does anyone know what I need to do?
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

As Marla suggested, ZIPping up sample files that reproduce your issue would be helpful. We would need the background file(s) as well as the host file with the background file(s) externally referenced. The doors should be tagged and the host file should have an instance of the Schedule Table Style you use for your door schedule inserted. Unless your actual project files are rather small, it would be best to create files with just a few spaces, walls and doors, but set them up just like your project files and verify that the problem still remains.

Are you using Project Navigator? If so, it would be best if you can create a new project, and create the minimum number of Elements, Constructs, Views and Sheets to mimic your work flow and demonstrate the problem while keeping the total file size low. ZIP up the entire project, including the APJ and DST files.

--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Using ADT 2004 at work; access to 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008 at home
Message 5 of 12
garchgrp

take a look at it and let me know asap please.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

We will not be able to do much with just the host file, since the the objects are all in external references. See my other post.

--

David Koch
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

The xrefs were not included with your file

Leo

wrote in message news:5817704@discussion.autodesk.com...
Message 8 of 12
garchgrp

for some reason when i created the new file it worked fine and the project is to big to send Message was edited by: garchgrp
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

And don't explode anything, the schedule in the posted file was exploded.

Leo

wrote in message news:5817704@discussion.autodesk.com...
Message 10 of 12
GarryS

I have not seen the files but I would suggest first to build your schedule in the same drawing where your doors are. When it works for one then pulldown the menu Format>Style Manager and copy the property sets and door schedule into the other two files where the doors reside. When the schedule works in all three files then use style manager again to copy the schedule to a sheet and delete the schedules you placed with your doors. Actually I find the door schedule works best in a sheet file, not a view file. The view is more likely to be messed up by people editting the fields in the schedule and creating local copies of property sets. The sheet file should xref in the drawings with doors. When you add your door schedule, make sure you set the option to scan Xrefs. The other thing I do is to set the layer filter of the schedule to *door* to remove washroom stalls, windows and assembly frames from the door list. This should work.
Message 11 of 12
garchgrp

HERE GUYS TRY THIS AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND ANYTHING. THANKS
Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Still no go. All the files you sent must have been exported back to 2000 format, as when opened they reported being AutoCAD 2000 format drawings, and there were no ACD-A objects, just lines, etc that look like ACD-A objects that had been exploded.

--

David Koch

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost