AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room Schedule - Style - Created an Office Standard

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
391 Views, 1 Reply

Room Schedule - Style - Created an Office Standard

I have a room schedule style I created a number of months ago and would like to use it in a current project. When creating a new room schedule, how can I get CAD to insert the one I created? The one I created is the "default" room schedule inserted into a drawing then I modified by changing text styles, line weights, cells, columns etc. If there is somehow I can "insert" the one I created / modified that would be great so I do not have to make all the changes again.

Thanks,

Marc5

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you customized an AutoCAD Architecture Schedule Table Style (as opposed to an AutoCAD Table)?  If so, then I would do the following:

1.  You mention starting with a "default" room schedule, and editing it.  If you have not already done so, rename your customized Schedule Table Style so that it is easily recognizable as your customized style and so that there will not be issues should the original Schedule Table Style with its original name be already defined in a file into which you want to add your customized style.

2.  Create a "source file" from your office standard ACA template and use Style Manager to copy the Schedule Table Style to the source file.  I am assuming that you created the customized file in a project file, that will have a lot of other content that you will not want in the source file.  Save or copy the source file to a "permanent" location on your network that is accessible to all who will need to use it.

3.  Open the file from the permanent location.  With an editable tool palette current, open Style Manager and drag the custom Schedule Table Style from the source file in Style Manager and drop in onto the editable tool palette.  This will create a tool palette tool that references your custom style.  Copy this tool to an office standard tool palette in your office tool catalog in Content Browser, so that others can access it.

4.  An alternative to creating a tool palette tool would be to use Style Manager to copy the Schedule Table Style to each new drawing that needs it.

If you were refering to an AutoCAD Table, then others may be able to help better than I can.  I know you can use DesignCenter to copy Tablestyles between drawings, so setting up a source file on your network may be the appropriate way to go in that case as well.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost