AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room Finish Schedule and SpaceObject property set

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bamckenzie69
2158 Views, 4 Replies

Room Finish Schedule and SpaceObject property set

Archutecture 2012 - I discovered a couple months ago that the new room tags refer to the SpaceObject peroperty set for room name and number instead of the RoomObject property set.  The RoomObject was automatically added to my spaces, so I removed it.  I needed finishes so I added the RoomFinishObject Property set to my space.  Now that I am trying to insert a standard Room Finish Schedule, it does not read the room name and number from the SpaceObject.  What the crap?  I tried adding all property sets to the Schedule and it adds the RoomObject property set back to my spaces, but the names and numbers do not match what I already put into the SpaceObject Property set.

Now it appears I have to manually enter the room name and number into the RoomObject for every space in my project.  Surely there is another option to make the finish schedule get the room name and number from the SpaceObject property set. Please help!!  I have this one last sheet to print on my project and I cannot get the stinking Room Finish Schedules to work.

Thanks in advance,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: bamckenzie69

Sounds like you are mixing and matching content from before and after the change from RoomObjects to SpaceObjects (2006 & earlier vs 2007 & later).  Your Schedule Table Style is using the properties in the old RoomObjects Property Set Definition.

You several choices.  If the out-of-the-box ACA 2012 Room Finish Schedule works for you as is, then use Style Manager to copy it from the 2012 source files and overwrite the verision in the drawing file in which you are placing the Schedule Table.  (This assumes that you did not migrate content from the previous release when installing 2012 or, if you did, that doing so does not overwrite the out-of-the-box source files.)

If you have made customizations to your Room Finish Schedule, then you need to decide which of the following is more work: 

1. Editing your current Room Finish Schedule Schedule Table Style to remove the RoomObjects:Name and RoomObjects:Number columns and then add SpaceObjects:Name and SpaceObjects:Number columns in their place.  Be sure to make note of all of the column formatting/settings in your current schedule so that you can easily duplicate them in the new columns.
  2.  Edit a copy of the 2012 out-of-the-box Room Finish Schedule Schedule Table Style and make whatever changes are necessary to get it to show things the way your old Schedule Table did. 

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 5
bamckenzie69
in reply to: David_W_Koch

If I am mixing and matching, it is completely unintentional.  Perhaps the Schedule style accidentally came over when i copied some wall styles.  Anyway, how do I copy the 2012 version from the source file?  I assume I use the Style manager, but I have no idea where the source file is.  I did not migrate.  This software is installed on a brand new computer that has not had any other version of AutoCAD.

Thanks,

Message 4 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: bamckenzie69

Yes, if you open both your target file and the source file in the Style Manager, you can drag the source file version and drop it onto your target file.  The location of the source files can vary, depending upon operating system and whether or not locations were customized during installation.  The default location for Windows 7 (since you said it was a new computer) should be something like this:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ACA 2012\enu\Styles\Imperial\Schedule Tables (Imperial).dwg

or

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ACA 2012\enu\Styles\Metric\Schedule Tables (Metric).dwg

Those are extrapolated from an installation of ACA 2010.  Actual folder names may vary somewhat.  If you are outside of the United States, then the file names (and folder structure) may vary to reflect your local content.  If you have the out-of-the-box tool palettes installed, you can check the properties of one of the Schedule Table tools for the style source file given, which should be the file you want.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 5
bamckenzie69
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Ok, I fgured it out!!!  I jumped through several hoops only to figure out that was really quite simple.  When I copied the 2012 ScheduleStyle into my current drawing, it did not have a column for Room Name nor Room Number.  When I went to the table properties to add the columns for each of those, I noticed that it had both the RoomObject and SpaceObjects property sets.  I selected the name and number from the SpaceObjects of course.  Then i got to thinking would it be that simple for my other schedule?  Yes, it is that simple.  All I had to do was edit the table properties, click on the Columns tab, click the Add Column button, and there it is.  I can add the Room Name and Room Number value from the SpaceObject property set....

I knew it had to be much simpler than all that.  Anyway, your suggestion led me to the solution.

Thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost