AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room Finish Schedule ACAD Architecture 2010

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
marc5
2695 Views, 2 Replies

Room Finish Schedule ACAD Architecture 2010

Where is a good place to go to watch a tutorial on a Room Finish Schedule? I can create one from the ribbon, add columns, move columns, change text but I cannot figure out how to add the correct room number to the room name. The plan rooms were generated by using the Space Generator, I tagged the rooms with Room Tag. For example, a dorm suite is made up of the following rooms: (Room Name - DORM ROOM, Room Number - 101) (Room Name - CLOSET, Room Number - 101). Also, all cells are not being populated. Why?

See attachment. I think will be best show what I am trying to explain above.

"A" is how the Room Finish Schedule is populating the cells.

"B" is how the cells need to be populated. - Manually done.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Marc

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
leothebuilder
in reply to: marc5

The room schedule draws information from Space Objects.

Your attachment only included a schedule and a plan without Space Objects.

Insert the Space Objects.

Attach the Property Set Definitions on via properties palette, extended data tab.

(SpaceObjects psd and RoomFinishObjects psd)

On the Extended Date tab enter the information you want for room finishes.

Then insert your schedule.

If your schedule shows --    that means you need to enter the info on the Extended Data tab pf the properties palette.

If your schedule shows ?    that means there is a property set definition missing.

Do a Google on ACA Schedules and there will probably tutorials and examples available.

Message 3 of 3
marc5
in reply to: marc5

Are not walls space objects? I did create, thru Space Generate, for each room and then taged ea room with room tag which allowed me to and room name, number ect.

New at 2010......

Thanks,

Marc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost