AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ribbon Galleries in ACAD Architecture 2015

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
wlajemian
906 Views, 8 Replies

Ribbon Galleries in ACAD Architecture 2015

recently upgrade to ACAD Architecture 2015, heard about a feature called ribbon galleries. the one for inserting blocks seems nice. for some reason I do not have a pull down panel for insert on the ribbon, since that is where the gallery lives. Anyone have any solutions on how to turn them on?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Laks-Autodesk
in reply to: wlajemian

To add or remove ribbon tabs require customizing the existing workspace. The default workspace in AutoCAD Architecture is named as Architecture. I've included two links below:

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url=WS1a91938...

http://blogs.rand.com/support/2012/06/making-a-new-ribbon-tab-or-adding-an-old-command-to-the-ribbon...

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Lakshminarasimhan Seshadri
Autodesk
Message 3 of 9
wlajemian
in reply to: Laks-Autodesk

your link pertains to AutoCAD 2010 & 2012. I was able to create a panel, but this is not what I was looking for. The ribbon gallery is a new feature in AutoCAD 2015. Where there is a pull down for the insert button in the panel, and it shows graphic images of the blocks, then you are able to then drag and drop them into the drawing. See image attached. I seem to have galleries for other things, but not blocks. Also I'm not the only one in the office that has the same problem.

Thanks

Message 4 of 9
David_W_Koch

I am not in front of ACA 2015 at the moment, but I know that I have previously accessed the Block Gallery on the AutoCAD Architecture Insert ribbon tab, Block panel, Insert tool.  Table Cell Styles was the only AutoCAD gallery which I did not find in the AutoCAD Architecture interface.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 9
wlajemian
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Hmmm, I wonder why I don't have it. If you are able to access it please post a screen shot of the CUI interface, showing the tab.

Message 6 of 9
David_W_Koch

See the attached PNG file.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 7 of 9
wlajemian

my ribbon looks similar, but I don't have the pull down button for insert block. When I click it, I get the block dialog box. when I'm back at work Monday I will send you a screen shot.

I'm thinking, I did bring in a customized cui file, from ACAD 2014, I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Message 8 of 9
David_W_Koch

I would say that has everything to do with it.  The 2014 CUIX file will not have the galleries in it, as they are a new addition in the 2015 release.  If you have made a lot of customizations to your 2014 ACA.cuix file, you may want to consider starting with the 2015 ACA.cuix file and transferring your customizations via the transfer tab.  (Or, if it is really a lot of customizations, you may want to consider trying to transfer the new stuff from the 2015 ACA.cuix to your current CUIX, but I would think making sure you get everything new would be harder than knowing what you customized and bringing that forward.)

If the customizations are additions to the ACA.cuix, rather than modifications of it, I would recommend creating a new CUIX file to hold your customizations and then loading that as a partial customization file.  That makes it easier to bring them forward to new releases.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 9 of 9
aemreerdogan

Sorry for waking up an old thread, but I have the same problem.

I don't transfer old CUI files, I start with default ones. The only thing is Acad 2015 and 2014 were installed side by side for a while. Would that cause a problem.

And as I see, I have galleries for style pickers, but not for insert button. Insert button has no down arrow on it. I know it is not that important, but I wonder if I'm missing any other 2015 features here.

Thank you,

Emre.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost