AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Baluster Panel Family Help

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
aburgner
318 Views, 1 Reply

Revit Baluster Panel Family Help

I am trying to make a custom baluster panel that when loaded into a project has multiple types which control/specify the panel width. I accomplished the basics, but the problem that I am having is in creating vertical posts/rods in the bottom half of the baluster panel.  To make the posts, I first created a vertical reference line in the center of the baluster panel and trimmed its top and bottom with my angled referenced plane constraints.  Then I created a vertical post as a sweep using the reference line as the sweep path. Next, I arrayed the post along the angled reference plane, locked the distance between the posts, set a parameter for the spacing, then also created a parameter for the array so that as the width of the baluster panel increased or decreased the number of posts would also increase or decrease.  This all worked the way I had hoped while in the family itself (see attached family), but when it’s loaded into my project, the vertical location of the posts don’t flatten out when the panel is on a landing – they continue up and down at an angle.  I can’t seem to figure out what I need to do so that the posts follow the angled (or horizontal when on a landing) reference planes.  Just as a side note, I know that if I make individual reference lines each trimmed by the angled constraints and individual posts based on these ref. lines (not an array) that the posts flatten out when on a landing.  The only problem is that the use of the array is necessary to control the number of posts based on the panel width.

Thanks for your help!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dbroad
in reply to: aburgner

Suggest you repost in the Revit group.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost