AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Residential Sample Drawing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Justin.Williams
8092 Views, 3 Replies

Residential Sample Drawing

I have been looking around for a sample drawing that has been completed in AutoCAD Architecture but my searching has produced nothing. I've been using plain AutoCAD for 15+ years, but I am new to the Architecture product.

I was hoping to have completed model of a house that I can use as a reference for the house I am currently designing and plan to build next year.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Justin

Owner / Designer
Modern 3Design
Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Justin.Williams

Not being disrespectful, but do you understand how a structure/house goes together? I have driven a car for 35+ years but I don't know how to make one.
Message 3 of 4
Justin.Williams
in reply to: pendean

I will not be building off my plans, I plan to pay an architect to either consult or “finish” my plans. I want a lot of control over the plan, but I know my limitations.

Sent from Windows Mail
Owner / Designer
Modern 3Design
Message 4 of 4

Here is a small house that I modeled as I learned AutoCAD Architecture. It was the house I lived in at the time so it is nothing proprietary. It isn't highly complex and uses OOTB styles and content.

Unless you have some hands on construction knowledge of what works and doesn't, I hope you have the architect do more than consult. They are aware of how to design the structure that will support your home and all the codes you will have to follow. You wouldn't want to design a home that can't be built within your budget, and end up in disappointment. And I say within budget because almost anything you dream of is possible but can cost an arm and a leg.

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost