AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renovation Mode

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
BBP-Arch
1037 Views, 4 Replies

Renovation Mode

Anyone use renovation mode?

Seems great in concept...

I messed with it a little, but I had to go through every item in my drawing (both AEC and regular entity) and change its display properties to colors that are our standards...it took quite a while. Plus, it seems to add entities to put them on layers that signify Existing, Demo & New...

...a proper tutorial on this one may be in order...

I'd be interested in anyone else's experience with this....

Scott

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pedroaroso
in reply to: BBP-Arch

Odin Cary wrote two excellent articles about this subject:http:

http://www.archidigm.com/

Message 3 of 5
David_W_Koch

Paul Aubin's ACA book for 2011 has an Appendix with an exercise on Renovation Mode.

I have not used it for production work.  To get this to work, you really need to plan using it from the beginning of a project; I would think it would be hard to add it part way through.  It also assumes that everything you already have in the file when you start is your existing conditions prior to any work.  Another problem for me is that my firm uses an explicit "-N" status field for new work, and the Renovation Mode feature does not deal with that (ie, it will not strip off the "-N" and make it "-D" or "-E", it just appends the "-D" or "_E").  If you can adapt your work flow to match that expected, it is a pretty neat tool.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 4 of 5
ascotti

Archidigm has great content.  But, this is false advertisement and misdirecting to those actually looking for an explanation of renovation tools here.  This is nothing more than a cheap plug.  You must work for Archidigm.

Message 5 of 5
John.W.Mumaw
in reply to: ascotti

Well I just checked and it took me less than a minute to find the two articles that Pedro mentions "Renovation Extension" and "Renovation Extension - part 2" on the Archidigm site.  And neither Pedro nor I work for Archidigm.

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Lost Bent Woodworking & Design

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost