AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on AutoCAD Arch 2013 and references

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jhickeyERD
327 Views, 3 Replies

Question on AutoCAD Arch 2013 and references

This week we rolled out new laptops at our company which have AutoCAD Architecture 2013  when we were previously using ver 2010.  I support these laptops, but I am not a CAD user myself, so I am looking for some help on interpreting a report such as what I pasted below.  Is this normal activity, something to be concerned about, etc..

"He is getting an error message that there are 33 errors in the drawing when he opens up the two projects that he started this week. We are thinking because it is referencing in a drawing that was done in an earlier version of AutoCAD. He can still get into the drawing if he closes the error message out so it is not a huge issue, but wanted to let you know as well"

All help appreciated!- John

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: jhickeyERD

Newer versions of AutoCAD tend to find problems that older versions ignored: try to run AUDIT and/or RECOVER on all the files separately to fix them, QSAVE each, and see if the problem goes away.

Remember, you can't truly fix a reference file from the top file unless you go through RECOVERALL command (your user may not be aware of this), you must fix each alone to ensure the issue is dealt with correctly.

Message 3 of 4
bryce.thelin

Hi John,

I agree with Dean. Make sure you have the service pack installed for AutoCAD Architecture 2013 and then use RECOVERALL on the drawing. Here is the link for the service pack:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL20556359

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 4 of 4
bryce.thelin

Hi John,

I wanted to follow up with you on this discussion thread. Were you able repair the drawings?

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost