AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing multi sheet to a single pdf file

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
ktttallen
49664 Views, 17 Replies

Publishing multi sheet to a single pdf file

I changed my Publish options on the Project Navigator  for publishing to PDF as a single sheet per sheet layout.  Now I want to put it back so that when I publish it does ALL sheet into one PDF file and I can not figure out how to put it back. Now ever time I publish it does each sheet as a separate pdf.

Can some one help me before I jump out the window!!

Not to worry I’m on the first floor but this is really frustrating

Todd

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
GRandall
in reply to: ktttallen

In the publish dialog click "Publish Options" under the "General DWF/PDF options" the first line is Type that is a drop down. Change it from Single Sheet file to Multi-Sheet File.

Message 3 of 18
ktttallen
in reply to: GRandall

I have tried changing it and it does Nothing, still comes out as seperate pdf files. There is many ways to get to the publish diolog box. typicaly i right click in my project Navg. But i have tried it vie several other options

Message 4 of 18
ToanDN

PUBLISHCOLLATE = 1

Message 5 of 18
tim1984
in reply to: ToanDN

Hi everyone,

I'm in trouble with publish. I live the same problem with  first mesaage in this topic. And i try to solution offers.

But they didn't worked in my case.

Can i do something differnt? 

Can help me anyone?

Message 6 of 18
leogaston
in reply to: tim1984

IS NEEDED TO HAVE A PAGE SETUP APPLIED TO EVERY LAYOUT. IN THIS WAY IT WORKS WITH THE MULTISHEET FUNCTION. 

IN DIFFERENT WORDS, U CANT HAVE "NONE" AS PAGE SETUP APPLIED IN THE PUBLISH DIALOG. 

Message 7 of 18
taralis

ktttallen - have you found an answer to this? 

I've got same problem. PUBLISHCOLLATE is <1>, 

Publish dialog windows says:

2014-09-19_1143-Publish-Multisheet.png

Although Page Setup columns says "none" when selected Sheet Details displays settings for each sheet correctly (bottom left) as well as individual Page Setup Manage dialog:

2014-09-19_1146Plotter_setup.png

??? 

Message 8 of 18
andrew.d.stockton
in reply to: taralis

I think I found the answer to get one single PDF file out of several sheets.

1. I am using the tabs on the bottom of the screen not sheet sets.

2. each tab has the same output using the autocad DWG to PDF.pc3 plotter. This is located by right clicking on tab and selecting the page setup manager (you have to go to each page to change the settings)

3. Under the PUBLISH command or "Batch Plot" button I go into "Publish options..." button, next to "Type" I set the pages to multiple sheets (under the General DWF/PDF Options)

4. I personally set the naming to "promts for name" because i want to input many different customer names for each new drawing.

5. then I exit out of the PUBLISH command and make sure that PUBLISHCOLLATE and set it to 0

setting PUBLISHCOLLATE to 0 collates the multiple pages that will be printed into one single PDF file.

for some reason on the "Publish Options..." button in the PUBLISH command, when i select "single-sheet file" instead of "multi-sheet file" and have the PUBLISHCOLLATE to 1 or 0 i get multiple pages of pdf files.

I am unclear as to changing the setting in the PUBLISH command under "Publish to:" and have it be named sheets. not sure at what time this setting changes things.

Message 9 of 18

I am experiencing the above problem too. I was able to plot to a single PDF two days ago but not today.

Publishcollate is [0].

All sheets have the same settings.

General DWF/PDF options Type is Multi-sheet file.

I have tried rebooting the program and my computer.

I am using AutoCAD 2014.

I am guessing that the problem started when I reset my AutoCAD settings to their defaults. I do have a backup of the old settings but do not know how to deploy them.

Can anyone help?

Message 10 of 18
ToanDN
in reply to: Bram.thiessen

Publishcollate = 1

Capture.PNG

Message 11 of 18
Bram.thiessen

Did not work with Publishcollate = 1 either.
Message 12 of 18
ToanDN

Did you select PDF from the "Publish to" list?  I can publish to a multiple sheet PDF if I choose that, but single sheet PDFs if I leave it at Plotter named in Page Setup.

Capture.PNG

Message 13 of 18
Bram.thiessen

Thank you, ToanDN.

That fixed the problem.

To summerize:

All sheets have PDF set as their plotting device.

Publishcollate = 1

Publish->publish to:->PDF

Publish->publish options->General DWF/PDF options->Type->Multi-sheet file

Message 14 of 18
jkaupanger

My PUBLISHCOLLATE is set to 1, and it still prompts me for a name for each sheet when I want one PDF with all the sheets.

Message 15 of 18
Bram.thiessen
in reply to: jkaupanger

I just did an experiment which found that publish collate did not effect whether AutoCAD plotted to a single or multiple sheets.

Test: PUBLISHCOLLATE set to 1.

Result: Multiple sheet file.

Test: PUBLISHCOLLATE set to 0.

Result: Multiple sheet file.

Test: Uninitialized sheet added.

Result: Multiple sheet file without uninitialized sheet.

Test: Plot device set to "none" for one sheet.

Result: Multiple sheet file, all sheets.

Test: Plot device set to real printer for one sheet.

Result: Multiple sheet file, all sheets.

Test: Publish to: Device named in page setup. 1 sheet set to print to printer, 2 sheets set to plot to pdf, one sheet set to "none", one sheet uninitialized.

Result: Printed the sheet set to a printer, saved both sheets set to Adobe PDF in seperate files, did nothing to the uninitialized sheet and nothing to the sheet with "none" as plotter.

Test: Publish to: PDF. Publish options: Single-sheet file. 1 sheet set to print to printer, 2 sheets set to plot to pdf, one sheet set to "none", one sheet uninitialized.

Result: Printed the sheet set to a printer, saved both sheets set to Adobe PDF in seperate files, did nothing to the uninitialized sheet and nothing to the sheet with "none" as plotter.

This surprised me. That Publish to: PDF with Publish options: Single-sheet file acted exactly the same as Publish to: Device named in page setup with Publish options: Multi-sheet file.

So in the end, Publish to: PDF and Publish options: Multi-sheet file is necessary. Publishcollate is irrelevant.

Message 16 of 18
silvernich

Bram 1, Autodesk 0. Cheers Bram. This was driving me nuts!
Civil 3D 2015
Windows 7, 64-bit, SP2
Message 17 of 18

when you are in the publish command, under the Publish to: tab.... is that set to "Plotter named in page setup" ?

If it is...try changing that to PDF

Message 18 of 18
marjanmitic

Something like this is solving my problem

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost