AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Data Sets in Wrong Units

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2014 Views, 2 Replies

Property Data Sets in Wrong Units

I am using Autocad Architecture 2013 and I am having an issue with Property Set Data. Whenever I create door or window tags, the Property Set Data is in the wrong units.

I have two separate projects, on in Imperial units and another in Metric. When I add a new door/window tag, the units for that particular door or window are incorrect. The drawings are setup in the proper units, the dimensions are as well. But when I create these tags and subsequently the schedules for them, they are in the wrong units. The tags/schedules for the metric project are in feet and inches and the tags/schedules for the imperial project are in millimeters.

Has anyone else run across this issue and is there a way to change these to reflect the same units of the drawing?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi IDH-LA,

Do you know which shortcut you used to open the program when you first created the files (see attached image)?

I ran into this issue recently, where I created a project after opening the program with the Global shortcut. Although I switched to the US Imperial profile after opening the program - and before drawing anything in the project - the units for all doors and windows remained in Metric. In the Design tab of the Properties palette, the object data appeared in Imperial units. But in the Extended Data tab, the data appeared in Metric. When I used the out-of-the-box door and window schedules from the Imperial Documentation Tool Catalog, the schedules still populated in Metric units.

You might be able to fix this by launching ACA via the US Imperial shortcut. Then use the WBLOCK command to block out your drawing. Insert this into a new file (created in ACA launched by the appropriate shortcut), and the object data should appear in the appropriate units.

This worked for me in ACA 2014, but it's worth a try in 2013 as well. Let me know if it works out for you.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Victoria and thank you for your response.

I originally created the drawings from both files in ACA2010. I don't remember exactly which shortcut I used originally, but working in ACA2013, I usually use the Global shortcut. I did as you said with the metric drawing. I opened the program using the US Metric shortcut and used the WBLOCK to create a new block from the entire drawing, making sure the units were millimeters. I then opened that new block drawing using the US Metric shortcut, but the same thing still happens. The measurements in the property data set still comes out Imperial for a metric drawing.

However, I did figure out where I missed a step from what you said. Once I inserted the block into the new drawing, as opposed opening it normally, the tag info was correct. This works, though it is far from ideal as all my drawing settings are lost and I'd hate to have to do this for every file. But your solution works. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost