AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project browser looses connection to project file and can't open.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dficarra
388 Views, 2 Replies

Project browser looses connection to project file and can't open.

Alright, I've got a good one for you guys this time!

Today I was working in ACA 2008 using the project navigator as always. Everything was working fine, then out of nowhere for some reason my computer looses connection with our office server and I wasn't able to save the dwg file I had open and my quickbooks timer got messed. So I had to shut down my programs and computer and restart.

Once restarted the connection was back, but now when I'm in ACA I try to open up the same project I was on and the project browser says it can't open the file and that it doesn't exist. I look through the project folders regularly (outside of ACA) and it's there and everything looks fine with it. But how do I get it linked back to the project browser and navigator?

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rellison
in reply to: dficarra

Does the server have the .apj file stuck open from the previous session? On my server (Windows Server 2003), I can force a file closed with My Computer - Manage - System Tools - Shared Folders - Open Files.
Message 3 of 3
dficarra
in reply to: dficarra

Just tried that and it wasn't open. That area showed no files were open.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost