AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Browser Icon Missing (2013)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
thawkeshnm
888 Views, 4 Replies

Project Browser Icon Missing (2013)

See attached picture for a reference.

In ACA 2011 I have the project browser icon. This is easy to find and use in the 2011 quick access toolbar.

When I open the "Customize user interface" I find and select "Project Browser", then I see under the properties of the command I only see "Display" and "Advanced" nothing else is listed. This command is quite odd compared to other commands.

However, in ACA 2013 this icon is completely missing, I cannot find it in the quick access toolbar, when I search in the "Customize user interface" command list, I cannot find "Project Browser" in the search field of the command list.

How do I find the command for project browser so that I can drag it / steal it from another .cuix file?

Bonus Question: How do I stop the sheet set manager from always showing up? I use the sheets tab of the project navigator all the time.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: thawkeshnm

It appears as though you are running ACA with the AutoCAD profile (or an equivalent profile that does not load the ACA.cuix as the main customization file) current.  You should have both Project Browser and Project Navigator as choices on the Customize QAT drop-down list, and not have Workspace or Sheet Set Manager.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 5
tocsdraw
in reply to: thawkeshnm

I have Window's 8 and I'm having the same problem with AutoCAD 2010.  Also, I've downloaded AutoCAD 2014 from Autodesk website, in which it too is misisng the Project Browser & Project Navigator.  How do you fix this, or can you?  Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: tocsdraw

You say you have AutoCAD 2010 and 2014.  If that is correct, then you will not have Project Browser/Project Navigator, as these features only occur in AutoCAD Architecture, which is a separate, "vertical" product.  (It is built on top of AutoCAD, with additional features).

If you do have AutoCAD Architecture 2010 and 2014, then you should have access to Project Browser/Project Navigator, but only if you are running an AutoCAD Architecture profile, which uses the ACA.cuix.  If you are running AutoCAD Architecture "as AutoCAD", you will be using the ACAD.cuix, which does not have the ACA interface elements.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 5
tocsdraw
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thank you for your help!  I finally have the correct version....THANKS!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost