AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems between 2009 and 2012

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jgodown
805 Views, 4 Replies

Problems between 2009 and 2012

Need some help here, on my drawings in Architecture 2009 in the corner i  paper space, I have an RTEXT that displays the date and time the sheet is printed, and when I open and print it with Archicture 2012 it does not display the date and time, and it is now called ACAD_PROXY_ENTITY.

Also, if I open a drawing with Architecture 2012, weather I save it or not, if I open it with Architecture 2009 my walls and windows are all messed up, and have words across them, like "AecDbWall   (AecArchBase60)"  I am not sure what's going on.

Attached are two pictures, hopefully someone can help here

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: jgodown

Did you install Express Tools inb 2012?  RTEXT is an Express Tools command.

2012 and 2009 use different file formats; you can not save a file in 2012 and then open it in 2009 with usable AEC objects.  Are you absolutely certain you did not save the file in 2012?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 5
pendean

It would appear, despite you assurances, that you did save your file in ACA2012: so all of your entities got upgraded and now you cannot use them in ACA2009. A sad fact, with no fix available anywhere.

Either commit to ACA2012 100%, or dig up an archive of your ACA2009 file that got messed up and stick with that version for your project and files duration.

Message 4 of 5
jmcintyre

This won't answer your question, but why are you using RTEXT for date and time when FIELDS do it so much better?

Message 5 of 5
jgodown
in reply to: jmcintyre

I inserted, the field, for the date and time, but what I am looking for is something that will update the date and time everytime I print or modify the prints,  I do know that if I publish instead of plot, I can time and date stamp it, but If I plot individule sheets the field does not update the time and date

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost