AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with creating elevations

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
oliverbaldock
336 Views, 3 Replies

Problem with creating elevations

Hi,

I've just finished a plan and model in autocad, and opened it up in autocad architecture to do some work on it and to create elevations for it. I've used the exterior elevations tool, marked out the opposite corners and then it's taken me to the 'place callout' dialogue box. The only option I'm allowed to select after changing scale is the 'create in current drawing' which I click and then place where I want the elevations, but I can't see any result. A process box flickers, but then nothing. Help please?!?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

If you created a plan in plain autocad I can only assume that it was in 2D.

You can't create an elevation in Autocad Architecture from a 2d plan.

Message 3 of 4

Could you post your file?  It sounds like you need to change the depth of the elevation.  Try clicking on the eleveation lines then in properties under 'Use model exetents for height' select Yes.

---------------------------------------

http://www.HerculeDesign.com

Message 4 of 4

You can produce elevations from the 3D model I created, and it worked eventually, just had to move some layers, turns out creating it in the same document was a bit of a pain when coming to printing but the only option I had. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost