AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting gray lines pixilated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
LisaDrago
461 Views, 5 Replies

Plotting gray lines pixilated.

Hello - I have a client who updated to AutoCAD Arch 2014 and now is having trouble with his grey lines printing pixilated...

He is using the same .ctb file from 2013 (moved up from 2012) also his pc3 file (from 2012).

When he moved to 2013 he had this issue and went back to his 2012 pc3 and everything was working fine again.

So when he had the issue in 2014 he started using the 2012 pc3 file. But this time - no change.

Any Ideas? I am not sure what printer/plotter they are using. He said it is 8 yrs old.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: LisaDrago

Find out what printer/plotter they are using.
Message 3 of 6
LisaDrago

so this is what I know of the printer...

kip 3000

no hdi driver - using standard system driver

windows default converted to pc3.

noticing - using 2014 lines are fuzzy...could be graphics related

images attached both a pdf and a screen shot...

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 4 of 6
LisaDrago

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I am still stuck...

Thanks -

LD

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for posting this Lisa.  Still having this issue.  Getting ready to publish a set, but would like to be able to resolve this before I do.

Tried installing the Heidi driver (a couple different versions), but the system wouldn't accept any of them.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
David_Knight
in reply to: Anonymous

We use 2014 and have a Kip 3000.

We use HDI drivers - but also, we've upgraded our kip software.  We paid to have our Kip people come out to upgrade us to the newest version (7.x).  It was relatively inexpensive.  Maybe 150 bucks? I can't recall off the top of my head.

We did this for a few reasons.  PDF's weren't printing right, and we wanted the new HDI drivers which only were supported with the new 7.x software.

We also did all this prior to upgrading to 2014.  If they (or you) are still having issues you might want to try upgrading the KIP system software, and use the new HDI drivers.

Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost