AutoCAD Architecture General

Contributor
doug.mayer
Message 1 of 4 (554 Views)
Accepted Solution

Plot Stamp Error

554 Views, 3 Replies
03-21-2012 12:13 PM

When I try to set the default plot stamp either in the Options-->Plot and Publish or in the Plot dialog itself, I get the following notification:

PlotStampError.jpg

This seems to be happening on a number of the computers in our office.  We recently upgraded to ACA & MEP 2012 all on Win7 machines.  Reinstall/Repair does not seem to resolve the issue.  Essentially, we are not apply to apply our custom plot stamp settings to any of our drawings.

Anyone having this issue?

Doug Mayer, SE
CAD Systems Manager
Product Support
zalant
Message 2 of 4 (527 Views)

Re: Plot Stamp Error

04-06-2012 02:44 PM in reply to: doug.mayer

During the Beta of the latest AutoCAD release, there was one report of this behavior.  In that case, once OK was pressed, the message did not come back.  

• Does clicking OK allow the Plot Stamp dialog to come up?

Also, it was determined in that previous case that the drawing files and/or the plot stamp (PSS) file being on the network had something to do with it.  There were apparently some items moved or broken links due to things being moved on the network.  

To see if it is related to your plot stamp file at all, try pointing it to the default inches.pss file.  If clicking OK doesn't bring up the Plot Stamp dialog at all, try either logging onto the machine as a different user, or use the Reset Settings to Defaults option in the AutoCAD Start menu grouping, and then try again.  In the testing, use a brand new (from scratch) drawing, in addition to your current drawing files..

Please post back here the results of testing and the answer to the question above.

Zac Travis
Contributor
doug.mayer
Message 3 of 4 (507 Views)

04-11-2012 10:04 AM in reply to: zalant

Clicking OK just brought up another dialog box, this time to open some file it seemed to be searching for.  I then used the "Reset Settings to Default" tool you mentioned, started AutoCAD, and the plot stamp settings worked fine.  

Since I had done some customization for our deployment and was using a template profile, I was thinking maybe I set something incorrectly that was affecting the plot stamp dialog.  So, I delved into the registry to take a look at the plot stamp settings in my template profile and that is where I found the issue.  The plot stamp path that I set for the template profile was incorrect and was causing the error that showed the strange dialog in my previous post.  Fixing this path in the registry and then opening AutoCAD again solved the problem and I have access to the Plot Stamp Settings.

Thanks for your help!

Doug Mayer, SE
CAD Systems Manager
Distinguished Contributor
Bryco
Message 4 of 4 (311 Views)

06-24-2013 05:30 PM in reply to: doug.mayer

This just happened to me.  The .pss file on the server was deleted along with its folder.

Changing the registry didn't seem to work but oddly enough pasting the correct path  iinto the filename box works,

Some computors said "Proceed with Bind operation"  some said "Lisp expression"  neither would let you browse to a .pss file but as I said pasting in the path and file name works fine.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community