AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot Stamp Error

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
doug.mayer
4317 Views, 9 Replies

Plot Stamp Error

When I try to set the default plot stamp either in the Options-->Plot and Publish or in the Plot dialog itself, I get the following notification:

PlotStampError.jpg

This seems to be happening on a number of the computers in our office.  We recently upgraded to ACA & MEP 2012 all on Win7 machines.  Reinstall/Repair does not seem to resolve the issue.  Essentially, we are not apply to apply our custom plot stamp settings to any of our drawings.

Anyone having this issue?

Doug Mayer, SE
CAD Systems Manager
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
zalant
in reply to: doug.mayer

During the Beta of the latest AutoCAD release, there was one report of this behavior.  In that case, once OK was pressed, the message did not come back.  

• Does clicking OK allow the Plot Stamp dialog to come up?

Also, it was determined in that previous case that the drawing files and/or the plot stamp (PSS) file being on the network had something to do with it.  There were apparently some items moved or broken links due to things being moved on the network.  

To see if it is related to your plot stamp file at all, try pointing it to the default inches.pss file.  If clicking OK doesn't bring up the Plot Stamp dialog at all, try either logging onto the machine as a different user, or use the Reset Settings to Defaults option in the AutoCAD Start menu grouping, and then try again.  In the testing, use a brand new (from scratch) drawing, in addition to your current drawing files..

Please post back here the results of testing and the answer to the question above.

Zac Travis
Message 3 of 10
doug.mayer
in reply to: zalant

Clicking OK just brought up another dialog box, this time to open some file it seemed to be searching for.  I then used the "Reset Settings to Default" tool you mentioned, started AutoCAD, and the plot stamp settings worked fine.  

Since I had done some customization for our deployment and was using a template profile, I was thinking maybe I set something incorrectly that was affecting the plot stamp dialog.  So, I delved into the registry to take a look at the plot stamp settings in my template profile and that is where I found the issue.  The plot stamp path that I set for the template profile was incorrect and was causing the error that showed the strange dialog in my previous post.  Fixing this path in the registry and then opening AutoCAD again solved the problem and I have access to the Plot Stamp Settings.

Thanks for your help!

Doug Mayer, SE
CAD Systems Manager
Message 4 of 10
Bryco

This just happened to me.  The .pss file on the server was deleted along with its folder.

Changing the registry didn't seem to work but oddly enough pasting the correct path  into the file name box works,

Some computers said "Proceed with Bind operation" some said "Lisp expression"; neither would let you browse to a .pss file but as I said pasting in the path and file name works fine.

Message 5 of 10

We just resolved this using the Reset tool. Here's how you find it (in case like me, you never heard of it).

This is how to locate the Reset utility:

• Start menu > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD 20xx > Reset Settings To Default.

Message 6 of 10
MMcCall402

I just went thru this on one of our Civil 3D 2015 workstations.  The easy fix was to just type PLOTSTAMP and choose the correct pss stamp location. The "Bind blah blah blah" message window went away and plot stamp works as it should.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 7 of 10

So, if I go to "reset settings to default" is this going to totally change all of my personal autocad setttings???

Message 8 of 10
zalant
in reply to: gwenda.creel

Resetting AutoCAD to defaults will put the program back to how it looks when you first launch it after installation, prior to any migration or customization of the interface (ribbon, toolbars, etc.) The reset process will offer you a choice to first back up your current settings. You can subsequently import them back in, but that may also reintroduce the problem.

Typically, most of these issues with the plot stamp boil down to a corrupt or missing .PSS file, so a full reset to defaults may not be necessary. Resetting to defaults will replace the current mm.pss and inches.pss files with the original ones from this source location:

C:\program files\autodesk\autocad 20xx\UserDataCache\Support

You can manually browse to that location, copy the two files, and paste them into your

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 20xx\Rxx.x\enu\support

directory.

Also, if you have any other .PSS files which can be found by AutoCAD in any of the directories specified in Options > Support File Search Paths, modify your search paths so that only the ones in the local support folder can be found. (Or modify/rename the .PSS file extension on any .PSS files which are not in your local support folder, so that AutoCAD cannot find them.)

Zac Travis
Message 9 of 10
gwenda.creel
in reply to: zalant

Thank you for your quick response to my question. I tried it, but maybe I wasn't doing it right. I will try again, though, when I get a chance.
Thank you.

Message 10 of 10
mhodges63X76

Type PLOTSTAMP in your command line.

Make a local copy of your plot stamp settings from your network if you suspect network error and re-path to your new local copy.

Select the plot stamp .pss file you wish to use.

Hit ok.

Now go in and preview your print and your settings have now been implemented.

Don't reset your CAD to out of box settings, that's a last resort when all options fail. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost