AutoCAD Architecture General Discussion

Contributor
gsfarch
Message 1 of 5 (11,418 Views)

Paper Space and Model Space Tabs

11418 Views, 4 Replies
02-27-2012 09:05 AM

Somehow the two tabs which were located at the bottom of the screen in my version of Autocad 2008 have dissapeared. I used them extensively and would like to get them back. I've tried the solutions provided in previous answers without success. The menus which are supposed to appear don't. Is there another way? Anyone?

*Expert Elite*
MarySeufert
Message 2 of 5 (11,405 Views)

Re: Paper Space and Model Space Tabs

02-27-2012 10:52 AM in reply to: gsfarch

Make sure 'Display Layout and Model Tabs' is checked in 'Options->Display Tab, Layout elements section'.

The old  pulldown menus are now replaced by the ribbon interface. If you are using plain AutoCAD, not AutoCAD Architecture, you can switch to an AutoCAD classic workspace that is standard OOTB. ACA does not have a built in classic GUI, but you can look through the forums to find ways of bringing back the menu pulldowns and toolbars. Or embrace the changes that Autodesk has made to the GUI. There are benifits to it!

~ Mary

gsfarch
Message 3 of 5 (11,403 Views)

02-27-2012 11:44 AM in reply to: MarySeufert

Thanks for your reply Mary, but that was the first place I looked. That box is actually checked off and still those two little tabs at the very bottom of the screen do not appear. I am certain I somehow toggled them off. Unfortunately, I am not certain of how to toggle them back on. Any help you might be able to offer in that regard would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Gary

*Expert Elite*
MarySeufert
Message 4 of 5 (11,395 Views)

02-27-2012 12:48 PM in reply to: gsfarch

Hi Gary,

Try this, on the drawing status bar (very bottom right) right pick the button I've shown in my screen capture and left click select the 'Display Layout and Model Tabs'. If you don't see that button, left pick the button that I highlighted in yellow and check the 'Layout/Model' selection.

Layout Model Tabs.png

This is the only other way I know of to get the layout/model space tabs back.

My next suggestion if this doesn't help is a repair of AutoCAD.

~ Mary

gsfarch
Message 5 of 5 (11,391 Views)

02-27-2012 01:47 PM in reply to: MarySeufert

I appreciate your further suggestions. As it turns out, I managed to get the model space/paper space tabs back by clicking on the tabs directly below the sheet display (lower left of the drawing area) and closing them. I see now that you can have one or the other, but not both. Although your reply did not directly provide an answer, they did help me find the answer while trying to implement your suggestions. Thank you for your help.

Gary

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community