AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2008 - Paper Space and Model Space Tabs

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
gsfarch
38819 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD 2008 - Paper Space and Model Space Tabs

Somehow the two tabs which were located at the bottom of the screen in my version of Autocad 2008 have dissapeared. I used them extensively and would like to get them back. I've tried the solutions provided in previous answers without success. The menus which are supposed to appear don't. Is there another way? Anyone?

[ The subject line of this post has been edited to include the product name by @handjonathan ]

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
MarySeufert
in reply to: gsfarch

Make sure 'Display Layout and Model Tabs' is checked in 'Options->Display Tab, Layout elements section'.

The old  pulldown menus are now replaced by the ribbon interface. If you are using plain AutoCAD, not AutoCAD Architecture, you can switch to an AutoCAD classic workspace that is standard OOTB. ACA does not have a built in classic GUI, but you can look through the forums to find ways of bringing back the menu pulldowns and toolbars. Or embrace the changes that Autodesk has made to the GUI. There are benifits to it!

~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 7
gsfarch
in reply to: MarySeufert

Thanks for your reply Mary, but that was the first place I looked. That box is actually checked off and still those two little tabs at the very bottom of the screen do not appear. I am certain I somehow toggled them off. Unfortunately, I am not certain of how to toggle them back on. Any help you might be able to offer in that regard would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Gary

Message 4 of 7
MarySeufert

Hi Gary,

Try this, on the drawing status bar (very bottom right) right pick the button I've shown in my screen capture and left click select the 'Display Layout and Model Tabs'. If you don't see that button, left pick the button that I highlighted in yellow and check the 'Layout/Model' selection.

Layout Model Tabs.png

This is the only other way I know of to get the layout/model space tabs back.

My next suggestion if this doesn't help is a repair of AutoCAD.

~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 5 of 7
gsfarch
in reply to: MarySeufert

I appreciate your further suggestions. As it turns out, I managed to get the model space/paper space tabs back by clicking on the tabs directly below the sheet display (lower left of the drawing area) and closing them. I see now that you can have one or the other, but not both. Although your reply did not directly provide an answer, they did help me find the answer while trying to implement your suggestions. Thank you for your help.

Gary

Message 6 of 7
derekdambroise

since no one actually answered this, I figured I would once I found it again.  Type options in the task bar, and when the window opens look under display tab, and check display model and layout tabs.

Message 7 of 7
CadTrix

Do your "Options" command and under the 'display' tab, click on 'Display Layout and Model tabs' on the left column toward the bottom

click apply.

CadTrix_0-1666790793876.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost