AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out Line of Wall Type

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
239 Views, 4 Replies

Out Line of Wall Type

Good Morning:
My boss wants me to make the most outside line of a walltype to be the heaviest pen. If I go to the properties of the wall and changethe boundary it changes the boundary of the item in the wall, each boundary independentfrom the other. Such as a wall made of the following: BRICK, AIR SPACE, SHEATHING,STUD AND GYPSUM BOARD.  In this wall theexterior face of the brick and gypsum board need to be heavy. I cannot figure outhow to make this happen. Can what my boss wants be done?
Thanks, Marc

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dougleaf
in reply to: Anonymous

I believe you are looking for the "shrinkwrap" component rather than the boundary, make sure it is turned on and set to the weight you want.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: dougleaf

I tried Shrink Wrap too. It wrapes each part of the wall. Both sides of brick, both sides of stud etc. My boss wants to see all parts of the wall (thin) with the outermost part - face of brick and face of gypbd to be heavy.

Message 4 of 5
dougleaf
in reply to: Anonymous

Is your 'air space' component actually part of the wall, or did you just leave a gap to represent it.  For shrinkwrap to work your wall cannot have any gaps in it, so make sure to use a x" wide component for the air space.

If this still doesnt work, snap a screenshot of your components tab and your display properties for that wall style and share it with us.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: dougleaf

I had a gap in the air space of about 1 3/8". (air space is 3 3/8") It was not closed. Not that I would of ever figured it out with our your help. It seems to be doing what the boss wants.

THANKS!

Marc5

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost