AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Osoptions in ACA 2015 - default setting 7

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
croc49
949 Views, 2 Replies

Osoptions in ACA 2015 - default setting 7

Glad to see August - New support Knowledge Base Solutions.

Been tearing my hair out on large drawing sizes for last 2 months when picking not only hatches, but ellipses, rectangles, MVB's, etc.

No real rythme or reason, but when selected, the spinning wheel would start and sometimes go for 5- 20 minutes before able to continue drawing. (program not responding).

I didn't report it because it was too hard to describe and the drawing sizes were too large to post.

Checking out the above, I found my Osoptions was set at 7 in ACA 2015 installation.

Reading through listed setting, the only system variables were 0,1,2,4.

Seems silly to have a setting that does doesn't exist.

Program working fine now on zero.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: croc49

OSOPTIONS is a bit-coded system variable.  The value is the sum of all of the active options.  0 means none are active. 7 means all three (1-bit, 2-bit and 4-bit are active).  I would think that with it set to zero, you would have more performance issues, since a running object snap would be acting on more geometry, particularly if you have a lot of hatch objects in a large drawing.  Unless you were trying to snap to hatch geometry.  But I do not have ACA 2015 available to me at the moment to check.

0 -
Object snaps operate on hatch objects, and on geometry with negative Z values when using a dynamic UCS.
1 -
Object snaps ignore hatch objects.
2 -
Object snaps ignore geometry with negative Z values during use of a dynamic UCS. (Not available in AutoCAD LT.)
4 -
Object snaps ignore endpoints of dimension extension lines.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
croc49
in reply to: David_W_Koch

David,

You are correct.

ACA2015 help does not list Osoptions as 7 - you must have inside information.

I have progressively broken up all offending drawings into smaller ones so I could work on them.

Went back a couple of months through my backups, and found one that performs as above.

Will accept this as a solution and post a new thread - I've isolated things down to 3 items - a line, ellipse, and text.

Thanks for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost