AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimization of Windows 7 for ACA

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Tallans422
677 Views, 5 Replies

Optimization of Windows 7 for ACA

Hi All, 

Is there a consensus or list of settings that should be changed within Windows 7 that will help boost the performance of ACA?  We're switching over to 7 in the next couple months and I want to make sure all settings are adjusted before we install the software.  When I was testing with ACA 2010 I remember movement on the screen being a bit jumpy, some commands were slower as well.

Running ACA 2010

Lenovo S20 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3530 @ 2.80 GHz

6 GB RAM

Thanks,
Todd

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Tallans422

Is ACA2010 even supported in Win7?

Message 3 of 6
Tallans422

Message 4 of 6
pendean

Great, but there are no universal tips: for most there are no issues, for others it comes down to not finding the correct driver (or supported Autodesk driver) for their video card, video settings/color depth, Win7's Aero theme creating havoc (turning it off fixes most issues), and ensuring old 2010 is fully patched and updated (that means everything, not just the main updates).

And system specs in general of course.

Then there are conflicts with other software and running/bckground apps as usual, but those occur with every Windows version.

Message 5 of 6
Holger.Kloecker
in reply to: pendean

We have published some known limitations with AutoCAD 2010 products on Windows 7 here:
http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS14056444

You might consider moving to AutoCAD version 2011 or 2012 when running on Windows 7 since these provide full support. 

I hope this helps.

Holger Klöcker
Message 6 of 6
robincapperw

Assume you are going to Windows 7 64? Prime limitation we had with ACA, regarding reliability and performance, was memory consumption. W7 32 wouldn't help that (allocation limits still apply) but 64 bit has elimininted that, until you actually run out of physical memory!

Robin
Autodesk AEC Collection 2020 - PC: HP Z6 | Win 10 64 | Xeon 3014 | 64 GB ram | Quadro P5000 - Tablet: Surface 3 Pro i5-4300u | Win 10 Ent 1703 64 | 8GB ram - Phone: Samsung S21 Ultra | Android 11
RobiNZ CAD Blog | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost