AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset / Center feature has been separated...help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
STFD-Dave
534 Views, 2 Replies

Offset / Center feature has been separated...help!

When inserting doors and windows there was a feature called Offset/Center that allowed you to input a standard offset or the item would be inserted at the center point.  Also, there were highlightable dimensions when inserting that you could modify on the fly.

I am currently using ACA 2012 and also have 2013 installed and neither of these versions have that feature.  I have Offset as a separate selection and Center as a separate selection as well as Unconstrained, but not the combo feature. Is there a variable that controls this availability or something else that I can check to make this go back to the combo feature?

I've attached a jpg showing my properties box demonstrating the separate items but no combo.

Thanks very much!

Dave

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: STFD-Dave

The Offset/Center option was removed in ACA 2011; the separate Offset and Center options replaced it, in order to allow for the then new Space Evenly feature.  If you are interested, you can read more about that in this blog article:

http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/2010/10/aca-2011-opening-location-changes-part.html

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
STFD-Dave
in reply to: STFD-Dave

Thanks very much, David!  That would certainly explain it!  I appreciate your reply - now I don't have to keep hunting for a non-existent system variable or something else like that!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost