AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Objekcts look strange & materials surface only sometimes is apparent

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
marianna.staigle
404 Views, 1 Reply

Objekcts look strange & materials surface only sometimes is apparent

Hello,

I'm experiencing a lot of problems with autocad architecture and I really hope that someone can help me with my problems!

1. I need a balcony at the house I'm building. I have a .dwg file, which looks just fine in Inventor Fusion. But when I load it in AutoCAD Archictecture or just AutoCAD it looks really strange.You find 2 pictures attached. Those are not the same objects, I tried different files and I just have them open at the moment. I tried all kinds of different settings and I looked for a file of a balcony in the autodesk file base, but couldn't find the solution.

2. I allocated materials to my objects (e.g. walls/ roof...) and in some views it looks correctly (e.g. roof from above) but when i turn my building around it's grey. What is wrong? I tried different illustration settings, layers and so on...

Pleas help me!!!

Thanks!

Marianna

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ntellery
in reply to: marianna.staigle

In what program did you create the file?  

ACA uses styles and I would create a railing using the aecRailing style. If the aecrailing style name was the same as one already in a drawing, then inserting a different style but having the same name, would not update the inserted one.  It would just take on the characteristics and properties of the one already in the drawing.  So if I were to insert a diff style I would need to ensure it had a diff name and would create a whole new style and props in the drawing.

But if you created it in Fusion using just primatives then I have no idea.  But being that it changes to look different, I suspect the above issue is occuring.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost