AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New @Xi laptop - Arch2012: Installation failed!!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
254 Views, 1 Reply

New @Xi laptop - Arch2012: Installation failed!!!

I work for a small architecture firm here in Portland, Maine and we've got the "basic support" package with our Autodesk Subscription.  I'm hoping to find some help here.

We purchased a new @Xi PowerGo 154 with the Intel Core i7 3840QM CPU, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120GB SS Corsair HD, a 500GB SATAII optional HD and the NVIDIA Quadro K1000M Video Card.  We were having isses getting AutoCAD Architecture 2012 to fully function on this machine.  We've tried to uninstall the software and reinstall it under an Admin account on the laptop and now it fails during installation.  I can provide any neccesary information needed to help diagnose and ultimately fix the issues this laptop possesses.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

In looking at the Installation Log, DirectX installs fine from the disc but fails during the installation of AutoCAD.  I've been directed to look into the M$ Visual 2010 x86x64 Redistributable issue that causes this installation failure, however that is related to the Design Review package and NOT AutoCAD Architecture...  I will be giving the steps outlined on this site a try but I don't imagine it will fix the installation failure.  http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/05/autodesk-design-review-2012-microsoft-visual-c-20...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost