AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need basic annotative guidance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jimsullivan2294
181 Views, 2 Replies

Need basic annotative guidance

Just upgraded from ADT2006 to ACA2008 and am trying to figure out the whole annotative scaling issue. I could really use some basic guidance to get started.

Here's what I used to do- I would have one model file which contained all my drawings which were dimensioned and notated in model space. From there I opened up a new sheets where I x-reffed my drawings in, created viewports and plotted from there.

How do I start setting up for annotative scaling to make it work w/xreffing? Or am I going about this all wrong? If so, can you point me in the right direction?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jimsullivan2294

I'm not sure if you've seen this tutorial or whether it will help you or
not, but, I came across it and thought it might.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=9493275&linkID=9240615

Good luck!
Melanie Perry
***not all who wander are lost***
http://mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com
guessrow wrote:
> Just upgraded from ADT2006 to ACA2008 and am trying to figure out the whole annotative scaling issue. I could really use some basic guidance to get started.
>
> Here's what I used to do- I would have one model file which contained all my drawings which were dimensioned and notated in model space. From there I opened up a new sheets where I x-reffed my drawings in, created viewports and plotted from there.
>
> How do I start setting up for annotative scaling to make it work w/xreffing? Or am I going about this all wrong? If so, can you point me in the right direction?
Message 3 of 3

wow! Just what I needed! - Not even my ATC guy knew about
Annotative Object Scale ➤ Add/Delete Scales

They don't work without that!

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost