AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mysteriously moving door/window assembly 2008->2012

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
robindeurloo
295 Views, 2 Replies

Mysteriously moving door/window assembly 2008->2012

After a few years we finally discided to make the leap from ACA2008 to ACA2012, so I did some work on templates and settings and everything seems to work OK. Then a colleque of mine who is doing the pilot project with me told me that all his steel dorr/window assemblies had moved for no apperent reason. I traced it back to the problem and it seems that it ONLY happens with the steel ones I had made in ACA2008 not so long ago and ONLY it they had a custom division (apply to elevation sketch).

Attacjed you will find an example. 2 DWEs in 1 wall, the right one is parametric (with grips so it can be stretshed and the left one is with the custom division. All seems to be fine untill you flip the door. The right one stays in its place and the left one moves (notice the purple lines).

I have been trying to figure out for 2 hours why this happens and I am out of ideas, so I hope any of you guys have an idea.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
KathyMoffa
in reply to: robindeurloo

When I open your drawing using ACA 2012, I do get a message about it containing AEC objects created in a prior version, but both doors flip perfectly in both directions.   I even tried it in an isometric view.   I don't have any ideas why they work on my system and not yours, but hopefully there is a clue in there somewhere for you. 

Message 3 of 3
robindeurloo
in reply to: robindeurloo

Thanx for your reply, but just to be sure one thing I wanna check

The doors flip perfectly with me as well, it is just that the left one moves a few centimeter when I do so.

One more thing is that it does not only happen whan I flip it. When I copy or move the wall with the 2 doors the one on the left also moves along the wall a bit also when I stretch the wall.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost