AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multileader landing side switch

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
BrockJRW
10062 Views, 6 Replies

Multileader landing side switch

We use multileaders most of the time.

What I am not liking about them is that sometimes when noting i need to place the note in a position that requires the leader for that note to cross back under the note itself.

With multileaders, when this happens it switches the side the leader is attached to once you cross the halfway point. Sometimes I find myself in a situation where I need the leader attached to a certain side of the note but need the leader pointing to something on the other sideof that textbox. Is there a setting that will allow the leader to basically go wherever it wants without self adjusting the side of the text it is attached to?

Thanks to all,

Ryan

Using ACA 2013

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: BrockJRW

Hi Ryan,

In the Mutileader Style (MLEADERSTYLE) dialog box, under the Leader Structure tab, if you increase the Maximum Leader Points from 2 to 3, you can then add an extra point when creating the Multileader. This will prevent the leader from flipping to the other side when you stretch the arrowhead beyond the midpoint of the text.

2014_ACA_MLEADERSTYLE_Max_Leader_Points.png

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 3 of 7
BrockJRW
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

Thank you for the response but that doesn't work for me either.

I just tried it and as soon as the leader head gets to the halfway point of going back past the text box it still flips.

There has got to be a setting for this. Some sort of justification in the dim style or leader style or something. I swear i have looked at everything 10 times and changed settings but it's just not fixing this.

I do appreciate the intput though.

Thanks

I guess you might be meaning that if I make a point before I cross back over the text box halfway point, and then add the addition line that it will then let me go past the halfway point of the text box. That is true, but if my leader line isn't set to a specific angle I then end up with three lines for my leader.

Message 4 of 7
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: BrockJRW

Hi Ryan,

I've made a short video illustrating how this can be done and maintain the appearance of the leader. If you place the second and third points in line with each other, does this work for you?

https://chronicle.autodesk.com/main/details/28dffdb1-1d05-445a-bb1f-d85df9b022a4

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 5 of 7
BrockJRW
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

Thank you very much! 

That wasn't a huge deal but more one of those simple things that can drive a person mad on the occasions that it is needed. I am so happy to have that resolved.

One of the main issues I was having that I did not pay attention to was that I had my Landing first and not my Arrowhead. Changing that and adding the 3 lines made the difference.

Thank you 

Message 6 of 7

Hi @Victoria.Studley

Is there a way to keep the arrow from flipping?  It's not noticeable with default arrows or any symmetrical arrows. 

Let's say your user arrow was  ---p instead of --->  when flipping you'd think you'd get q--- instead of <--- but no you get d---

Maybe there's a constraint I can put on the arrowhead user block to keep it from mirroring?

Message 7 of 7

The link no longer works.  😕

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost