AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mtext column width/placement changing after saving/closing file

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1810 Views, 5 Replies

Mtext column width/placement changing after saving/closing file

I've been having this issue happen repeatedly, but not consistently. In a new file, I adjust the width of an mtext box so that the text wraps into multiple lines. When I next open the file, all mtext boxes are back at a wider width so that the text is all on one line. The start of the text is also usually in a different location. This was happening on 2011/XP and now on 2012/Windows7. Any ideas on how to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

By chance are columns turned on?
Message 3 of 6
pkolarik

I've run into that a few times since getting on aca2010. It isn't consistent and won't do it every time in the same drawing. However, I have narrowed it down to (I believe) something to do with annotative text and having changed the viewport scale at least once as well.

It typically happens here that it'll be fine when I save, but then when I publish the set an offending drawing will magically change during the publish operation. Then I'll go open the file and fix all the text (when it happens it's usually all the text that was in the drawing and annotative at the time the viewport scale was changed) and print it manually.. then it's okay. However, if I fix the text and publish that drawing again it many times will change to be all on one line again.

I use annotative text alot and it doesn't happen often.... maybe 1 time every couple of months at the most, so it's difficult to pin down exactly why it happens.

(and no, no columns or anything set in the mtext at all.... just regular ole' annotative mtext)

Fortunately it hasn't happened enough to warrant an all out attempt at a fix here, but it has caused a silly looking drawing every now and then 😕

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pkolarik

My problem only seems to happen with new drawings, and only with the first mtext I insert. When I open up the drawing the next time and the mtext has re-formatted itself to one line, if I make a new mtext (formatted exactly as the first), it seems to stay. No columns are set, and it's not every drawing for me either. I haven't yet made any connections to other commands I may be doing.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I unfortunately, am having the same issue here with Civil 3D 2010 on Win7 64-bit. They are annotative text objects, with columns turned on, and the widths change upon opening the drawing. I think I'm going to have to just explode the text once it's set the way I want it

Spoiler

Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 6
andy.manninen

See my post HERE:http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/annotative-mtext-changing-location-and-width/td-p/297...

only solution i found was changing the ANNOTATIVE option in the properties of the affected MTEXT to NO.

:Cheers:

Andrew

Windows 7 x 64
12 GB Ram
Intel Xeon Quad 3.20 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Civil 3D 2014 V2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost