AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mtext Width

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
David_Knight
539 Views, 5 Replies

Mtext Width

I was wondering if this is a oddity on my end here or what... In 2010, my mtext width settings is grayed out and no longer can i type in a number and set it with the return key.

If this is by design, i'm saddened. I used to select multiple pieces of text and reset their width back to 0 using this method.

Anyone else notice this?

Thanks,
David.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
David_Knight
in reply to: David_Knight

ugh, furthermore i need to adjust each piece of text to get the background mask to be the correct size now. no more width = 0 and it does what its supposed to...

Man i hope this is an oddity on my end... Hoping for a confirm / deny from someone else 😞
Message 3 of 6
jcp
Advocate

It looks like it has to do with column settings. I am not sure how to globally change the setting but you can change it on selected text.

Two lines below the Define Width row is the Columns settings, change them to none and the width will be adjustable again.

Message 4 of 6
David_Knight

ugh! that's terrible.

i don't see where i can set it defaulted to no columns. have you seen a spot with this setting yet?

i inserted a piece, at the command prompt entered no columns, and on the next insertion of mtext, it set it up with a column anyway.

-.-

anyone know how to set it to no columns by default?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Check out the MTEXTCOLUMN system variable in help. If it's set to 0, then
there are no columns.
Message 6 of 6
David_Knight

oooh sweet.

thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost