AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move a polyline - Program not responding

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
croc49
508 Views, 2 Replies

Move a polyline - Program not responding

I wrongfully accused Osoptions for drawing lockup in an earlier thread, but it was pointed out it was incorrect.

Still have the problem.

Attached what I think are part of the problem - a polyline, ellipse and text.

There are other things I've selected (MVB, rectangle, etc), but these may point to a solution.

Whenever I try to move the  items, the "program not responding " comes up and will lock for about 30 seconds.

On a larger drawing, the time could extend to an hour.

It could be an AutoCad issue, but I only run ACA2015.

My suspicion is a snap setting, but I have them all turned off.

Have tried a reinstall recently, but to no avail.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: croc49

Each of the items in your file has a constraint applied to it.  I am assuming that it is the presences of these constraints that is slowing things down when you edit the drawing.  Do you have CONSTRAINTINFER set to 1?  This registry setting will apply inferred constraints when drawing and editing (even if you do not mean to do so).

The constraints keep the text at the center of the ellipse, but you may be better served by a block definition with an attribute definition in lieu of the text (assuming different instances need to have different text values).  That would maintain the relationship without the need for constraints, and likely improve performance.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
croc49
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thanks once again David.

Contraintinfer was set to 0, but I used DELCONSTRAINT to remove from objects.

I've never used constraints before, and I think this is another impact of the ACA2015 release.

A number of setvar defaults have changed without documentation, along with ones fixed with SP1.

Lost countless hours over the last few months figuring them out.

Never stop learning.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost