AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Modeling Rockwork

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jlg_design
2313 Views, 2 Replies

Modeling Rockwork

Has anyone had any experience or success in modeling sculptural rock with Autocad's 3d tools and techniques? In the old 3d tools, the 3dmesh tool could create an editable surface, but it was almost impossible to enter all the M,N points on the mesh. Has anyone used the new Autocad 3d modeling tools (in ACA but not on the ribbons) for creating surfaces or solids that can be modeled to represent rock walls like in caves? If not in ACA, are there any third party plugins or 3d programs that can create these forms and import them into ACA models?

Jeff

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
KathyMoffa
in reply to: jlg_design

I haven't downloaded any of them, but I remember seeing boulders at this site a while back. 

http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/default.asp

Message 3 of 3
jlg_design
in reply to: jlg_design

After contacting tech support, I received a great solution for modeling rockwork.

If you create any surface, it can be converted to Nurbs. With "Show CV" points, and "Rebuild" the grid for the density, individual points can be pushed or pulled for creating a rock-like surface. With a stone texture material added, the rock can look very believable in Realistic and Render views. I have attached a quick sample of a rockwall with this procedure. 

Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost