AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Question

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
caddman6425nah
487 Views, 2 Replies

Material Question

Two questions actually.  First, I'm trying to create T1-11, problem is that I'd like to have a T1-11 material on the face,but have the partical board material for theback and sides.  Is this possible, or am I just wishing for a good thing.  Next, I'm trying to create a barn door with T1-11 outside material and have it line up with the wall material.  I can't seem to get it to line up, it shifts.  Is it possible to get material to have it's own origin point like hatching does?

TIA

Nick

--
Nick
AEC Design Services
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
KathyMoffa
in reply to: caddman6425nah

The answer is yes (more or less) and yes, but how depends on what version of ACA you are you using, and are your walls and doors AEC objects?   Also, since you used the word "face", I'm not sure if you want a different material on the front of your building than on the sides and back, or if you are talking about a different material on the sides and back of the individual component.   If you are using AEC walls, you specify the material for each component in your wall, so you would have your T1-11 material on the outside of the wall and your inside component would be the particle board, but the material itself gets applied to all sides of the component (but on a building, only one component is usually visible, endcaps being another subject).   With solids, you can individually apply different materials to each face. 

To line up the material, whether it's an AEC object or ACAD solid,  in 2011, you go to the Materials Browser,  double click your material to open it in the Materials Editor, right-click the image of your material and select Edit image.  In the new dialog box, select Transforms then Position and you will see that you can offset the material vertically and horizontally as well as rotate.  You can do these functions in earlier versions as well, but how to get there changed considerably in 2011.  

Message 3 of 3
caddman6425nah
in reply to: KathyMoffa

Thank you so very much.

Nick

--
Nick
AEC Design Services

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost