AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Elements Display

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
SMILES
1111 Views, 6 Replies

Mass Elements Display

I have noticed in ACA 2013 and a few previous releases back to maybe 2009 that when I create a mass element in a 3D / Isometric view and then go back to plan view - the mass element shows as a line.  It is not created as a block or anything. 

Just curious if anyone has noticed this.  I ask because I model many of the fixtures in the building and model in a 3D view.  I think it would be harder to model in a 2D plan view, but I have noticed if I do model in plan view the object keeps its shape.

Any ideas would be much appreciated - Thanks in Advance!

Steve Miles

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
David_W_Koch
in reply to: SMILES

I am not seeing that in ACA 2010.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 7
SMILES

Hi David,

My mistake you are correct it does work fine in 2010 and 2012, but not in 2013.  I dont remember having to set a display toggle or anything in previous releases. 

Are you able to duplicate my problem in ACA 2013?

Thank you for helping with this!

Steve Miles

Message 4 of 7
dbroad

Post a drawing which exhibits the problem.  I do not see any problems here with mass elements in ACA 2013.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 5 of 7
SMILES
in reply to: dbroad

Hi David,

Upon trying to recreate the problem for a sample file I noticed that it does seem to work fine in a new drawing.  It seems to be occuring in existing drawings from previous releases, that I have updated to ACA 2013.  I dont want to waste your time, so I appologize I did not catch on to this before.  I posted the file anyway, just so you can see what I am talking about, but I guess it will resolve itself once I finish the existing projects, and start clean in 2013 with new projects.

Thanks again for the help!

Steve Miles

Message 6 of 7
dbroad

Regarding your posted drawing:

If you use the displaymanager, you will see in the representation by object, that for mass elements, the plan representation has been changed to sketch.  The default plan representation is plan high detail for mass elements for the plan display representation.  Since this setting is not OOTB, it is likely that this is an operator flub rather than a program bug.  Someone was messing with settings they didn't understand(easy to do in ACA).

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 7 of 7
SMILES

You are exactly right - good catch.  I did not even think to look their since I would have never changed that setting.  I will make the change in the remaining drawings.  Thanks again - another mystery solved!

Steve Miles

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost