AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Masking Callouts

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
crazygreek10
2338 Views, 21 Replies

Masking Callouts

Hello all,

I am trying to create a masking block for our section tag.  When the scale of the drawing changes, the tage changes but the line that connects the two tages does not get hidden.

CALLOUT-96

Callout-96.JPG  

was drawn originally ......

CALLOUT-192

Callout-192.JPG

is when I switch the drawing scale to 1/16.  (note line sticking out thru bubble) I don't want to create two seperate tags on two different layers, figured I could just add a mask to the tag.  Any thoughts.

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
R-Arch
in reply to: John.W.Mumaw

Agreed.  Thanks again.  I will play with this over the next few days with a project I am working on and hopefully all will be well.

Thanks again.

Message 22 of 22
Libbya
in reply to: R-Arch

I have found 'draworder' to be fairly unpredictable.  Often times items that were 'set to back' are to the front when a drawing is saved and re-opened.  I have found that draworder within blocks or dynamic blocks is much more predictable.  Attached is a dynamic section symbol block that I created and it has very effectively 'hidden' the section symbol line which is included in the block.  The grips are as follows; the center square grip moves the entire block, the arrow point dot grip rotates the entire block, the flip grip flips the arrow direction, the square grip at the left side of the circle moves the symbol, the square grip in the line moves a segment of the line (useful for offsetting the symbol from the line) and the two arrow stretch grips extend the line.  The grips may take a little getting used to and the linework is to my particular office standards, but it may be an effective start to what you are after.  Since using this block the draworder has been rock solid.  If I want to hide the line entirely I can shrink it to be behind the side of the arrow.  It may offer a few additional ideas on how to accomplish the desired task.  The entire block is annotative, but using the dynamic features changes the block in all annotation scales so if multiple annotation scales are used, then a different occurrence of the block for each scale would be advisable. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost